These healthy salad recipes are perfect for anyone looking to add a little more nutrition to their diet! There’s a wide variety of green salads, chopped salads, detox salads, colorful fruit salads, chicken salads, seafood salads and plenty more healthy offerings!
Learning toward a better you? Healthy salad recipes are not hard to find, in fact, they are EVERYWHERE. Once I had this BBQ Chicken Salad I was hooked. I wanted more creations and styles. I sure got it!
These healthy salad recipes look so mouthwatering it is hard to comprehend that they are SO good for you. I am a fan of a good salad. Some of these recipes take the term ‘salad’ to a whole new level. I could literally eat them for days. You can too!
Here are my top 36 Healthy Salad Recipes to start you off in the right direction. Of course, there are thousands of varieties on my Pinterest Board you can check out as well. You will enjoy a wide variety of salad combinations. You could have a different one each day to try them all out.
Come back and let me know which was your favorite and if you made any alterations or found a new creation you think should be added to the list!
36 Healthy Salad Recipes
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Pink Detox Salad
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
- Seriously Delicious Detox Salad
- Ahi Tuna Poke and Mango Salad
- Winter Spa Salad with Lemon Chicken
- Mango Mandarin Sesame Shrimp Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Tomato Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- Citrus Fennel and Avocado Salad
- Quinoa and Kale Salad
- Loaded Nicoise Salad
- Avocado Shrimp Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- California Chicken Avocado and Goat Cheese Salad
- Grilled Romaine Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
- Blueberry Broccoli Spinach Salad
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
- Watermelon Jicama and Cucumber Salad
- Chopped Thai Salad (recipe below!)
- Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad
- Green Chopped Salad
- Harvest Cobb Salad
- Southwest Chickpea Salad
- Thai Steak Salad
- Asian Crab and Cucumber Salad
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Zucchini and Corn Salad
This chopped Thai salad is a variety of colorful fresh veggies, all topped off with a homemade peanut dressing. This is a vegetarian salad, but it’s still got plenty of protein thanks to the edamame soy beans that are included. If you’re looking for even more protein, feel free to add some grilled chicken or shrimp. I love to eat this Thai chopped salad for a light lunch, or as a side dish at dinner time. It’s most definitely a great way to get in some veggies!
Chopped Thai Salad
This chopped Thai salad is a variety of colorful fresh veggies, all topped off with a homemade peanut dressing.
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage I used purple cabbage but green cabbage will also work
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers red, yellow or both
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For the peanut dressing:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons warm water
Place the cabbage in a large bowl. Arrange the cucumbers, edamame, carrots, bell peppers and peanuts on top. Sprinkle with cilantro.
For the dressing: Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and warm water until smooth.
Drizzle the peanut dressing over the vegetables, then serve immediately.