This recipe for Mediterranean quinoa salad is full of fresh vegetables, feta cheese and olives, tossed in a lemon and herb dressing and topped with pine nuts. It’s a light and colorful addition to any meal!
I love salad, but I don’t love when it’s a sea of lettuce with a few tiny vegetable pieces sprinkled in. I’m all about the salad toppings, the more the better in my opinion. This Mediterranean quinoa salad actually doesn’t contain any lettuce at all – just plenty of fresh vegetables mixed with quinoa and tossed in a flavorful dressing!
This salad is all about the colors and textures – I did a rainbow effect with the veggies by choosing cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, diced yellow bell pepper and a little bit of minced red onion. Other great additions to this Mediterranean quinoa salad would be artichoke hearts or chickpeas. I mixed the vegetables with the quinoa and dressing then added a sprinkling of olives, feta cheese and toasted pine nuts over the top.
The dressing for this salad takes about 2 minutes to make using staples that you probably already have in your pantry. I often make a double batch of this salad as it keeps well in the fridge for a few days and makes the perfect grab and go lunch for me.
This Mediterranean quinoa salad is the perfect side dish for a barbecue or a potluck or simply eat it as a meal in itself like I do. However you serve it up, this salad will likely become one of your go-to recipes as it has for me.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- For the salad:
- Mix together the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives and onion. Reserve 1/4 cup of the vegetable mixture to garnish later.
- Add the quinoa and parsley to the bowl; stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Pour in the dressing in the amount that you prefer, toss to coat evenly.
- Place the reserved vegetables on top of the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pine nuts and serve.