This recipe for stuffed french toast is buttery brioche bread dipped in batter and cooked to a golden brown, then sandwiched with a delectable cream cheese, raspberry and almond filling. Finish this brunch delight with a drizzle of syrup for an unforgettable mid-day delight!
What’s better than breakfast or lunch? Brunch of course! I love to host brunch because it’s a fun departure from the usual meals of the day. I often do a brunch for Mother’s Day and I even served brunch when my daughter turned 2 last summer. One of the great things about planning a brunch menu is that you can include both sweet and savory fare. This cream cheese stuffed french toast is most definitely on the sweet side and is an easy, yet decadent addition to the meal.
How do you make stuffed french toast?
This recipe starts with a basic french toast – I used brioche but challah or any other egg bread would also be great. The french toast gets cooked to golden brown perfection on a griddle. I cut slices of french toast diagonally across the middle as seen here because I think it makes for a much prettier presentation. A cream cheese filling gets layered between the french toast slices along with fresh raspberries and Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds. The honey roasted almonds really make this dish special, they add so much flavor and texture.
You can either spread the cream cheese filling between the slices of french toast with a knife or load the filling into a pastry bag to pipe it on. Either way will be equally delicious!
Cream cheese stuffed french toast is such a unique dish because it takes a familiar favorite and dresses it up in a way that’s impressive yet totally easy to make! Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen creating this dish when it really only takes about 30 minutes. You don’t even need to wait for a special occasion to make cream cheese stuffed french toast – sometimes I make it on a regular old Saturday for a special treat that my whole family loves.
More great breakfast options
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Almonds
- For the french toast:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices of brioche bread (can substitute challah or a different type of egg bread)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For the filling:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- For serving:
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- maple syrup
- Optional garnish: mint sprigs
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Preheat a griddle to medium.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter on the griddle.
- Soak 4 slices of bread in the batter and place on the griddle. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Wipe the griddle clean with a paper towel and repeat the process with the remaining tablespoon of butter and 4 slices of bread.
- While the french toast is cooking, make the cream cheese filling.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Cut the slices of french toast in half diagonally.
- On 4 plates place 1 slice of french toast. Top each slice of toast with approximately 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese filling, then top with 2 tablespoons of raspberries and 1 tablespoon of almonds.
- Place the second piece of french toast on top of each stack. Repeat with remaining french toast.
- Garnish each stack with approximately 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds, 2 tablespoons of raspberries and remaining cream cheese filling. Top with mint sprigs if using. Serve with maple syrup.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!