This post has been sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
This recipe for tropical fruit salad is a colorful mixture of tropical fruit seasoned with lime juice and served with an ultra creamy coconut almond dip. Perfect for summer entertaining!
When I think warm weather, I think tropical – I just can’t help it! It’s been a long time since taken a Hawaiian vacation but I’m still constantly creating dishes with island flare. This tropical fruit salad is the perfect summer entertaining recipe – it’s great for brunch, the perfect make-ahead potluck fare, or the ultimate refreshing side dish for a barbecue. And while fresh fruit is great on its own, it’s even more amazing when you pair it with coconut almond dip!
For this recipe you’ll need a variety of fresh and colorful fruit – I went with pineapple, papaya, kiwi, mango and raspberries. The fruit gets drizzled with lime juice and then piled inside a pineapple half for a super fun presentation. I cut the kiwi slices into shapes with little cookie cutters for fun, but that step is completely optional. If you’re feeding a crowd, you can double this recipe and put the fruit into both halves of a pineapple. Add a little fresh mint and a generous portion of coconut almond dip and you’ve got an easy yet incredibly festive salad!
The coconut almond dip is made of just a handful of ingredients including Greek yogurt, coconut cream, a little sugar, coconut flakes and Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds.
For the dip, I used a coconut flavored Greek yogurt because I really love a lot of coconut flavor. If you can’t find coconut flavored yogurt, vanilla would also be great. I like to use coconut cream in this recipe because it adds such great flavor and creamy texture, it comes in cans and is often in the ethnic foods section of grocery stores. If you can’t find coconut cream, you can simply use a little coconut milk instead. The Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds add a great crunch, the coconut-almond flavor combination is really fantastic!
I’m definitely going to be making this tropical fruit salad with coconut almond dip all summer long. I love how easy it is to make, yet looks so impressive inside the pineapple. I’d like to tell you that I took this to a party and it disappeared in a flash, but really, all three of my kids were crowded around waiting for me to finish pictures and they pounced on it as soon as I was done. Can’t say I blame them!
Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut Almond Dip
- 1 pineapple halved lengthwise and hollowed - reserve 1 and 1/2 cups of pineapple chunks for recipe
- 1 large or 2 small mangoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 kiwis peeled and thinly sliced. If desired, cut the kiwi into shapes with small cookie cutters
- 1 cup of papaya chunks
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt coconut or vanilla flavor
- 2 tablespoons of coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes divided use
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons finely chopped Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds divided use
- Optional garnishes: Mint sprigs and lime slices
- Arrange 2/3 of the pineapple, papaya, mango, kiwi and raspberries inside one of the pineapple halves.
- Place the pineapple half on a platter.
- Scatter the remaining fruit on the platter around the pineapple.
- Drizzle the lime juice over the top of the fruit.
- In a bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, coconut cream, sugar, 3 tablespoons of coconut flakes and 1/4 cup of almonds. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of coconut and 2 tablespoons of almonds over the top.
- The fruit and dip can be made up to 6 hours in advance, or serve immediately, garnished with mint and lime slices if desired.