This post is sponsored by Buzz + Bloom Honey. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
This recipe for honey roasted carrots is whole carrots, bathed in honey and seasonings, then roasted over high heat until tender and caramelized. A super easy yet elegant side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
In my opinion, the best way to eat vegetables is when they’re roasted. After a trip through the oven, most veggies get browned and caramelized and their flavor intensifies in the best possible way! These honey roasted carrots are my all time favorite way to eat carrots. In fact, my whole family devours them, even the kids! Making this recipe is quite simple and only requires a handful of ingredients. Given that the ingredient list is so short, I try to get the best quality ingredients I can find to make these honey roasted carrots extra special.
For this recipe, you’ll need carrots, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. That’s it! I like to buy bunches of small carrots with the tops on, they look so much more elegant and are sweeter than larger carrots. If you can’t find small carrots, it’s totally fine to use larger carrots that have been cut into sticks, it’ll still be delicious. The honey is the main flavoring agent here, and I use Buzz + Bloom Honey to give these carrots a flavor boost.
Can I just tell you how much I love Buzz + Bloom Honey? It comes in 14 different varieties including Organic Non-GMO, Raw & Unfiltered, and Fair Trade Certified. I love to use the Light & Sweet variety in smoothies and tea, and my new favorite breakfast is whole wheat toast with some Buzz + Bloom Spreadable Honey on top! Buzz + Bloom even comes in single serving pouches that you can stash in your purse for when you need something sweet. Buzz + Bloom honeys are sourced from trusted beekeepers all over the world which means that each variety has a distinct taste, and they use special techniques to preserve the natural pollen, vital enzymes and antioxidants that make honey a superfood. For this recipe, I used the Fair Trade Certified honey, although the Bold & Floral would also be a nice choice.
The carrots are coated in the olive oil, honey and seasonings and then go into the oven until they’re tender and browned. While these honey roasted carrots are the perfect side dish to almost any meal, they’re also an easy and festive touch to holiday menus!
September is National Honey Month, which means it’s a great time to try some new honey. You can order Buzz + Bloom Honey on their website or purchase it at select retailers nationwide. I’d recommend picking up a few varieties, it’s so fun to taste the difference between the different varietals of honey. We all could use a little more sweetness in our lives, am I right?!
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound of peeled small/medium carrots left whole or 1 pound of regular sized carrots, cut into 3 inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Buzz + Bloom Fair Trade Certified Honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots in a single layer on the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour the honey mixture over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until carrots are tender and browned. Roasting time may vary depending on the size of the carrots.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley if desired.