These bacon roasted brussels sprouts are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and full of smoky flavor. An easy side dish that will convert even the most staunch brussels sprouts haters!
Roasted brussels sprouts are SO much better than the boiled variety of your childhood. When you add bacon, they get even better, my kids ask for these brussels sprouts every week!
Brussels sprouts can get a bad rap sometimes. People think back to when they were kids and their parents would feed them soggy bland mushy brussels sprouts. When you roast brussels sprouts in a super hot oven, they almost get caramelized and are super delicious. These bacon roasted brussels sprouts are on our dinner table all the time in the winter months, and they couldn’t be any easier to make!
How to make bacon roasted brussels sprouts
This recipe has just a handful of ingredients – bacon, brussels sprouts, salt, pepper, olive oil and parsley. Look for brussels sprouts that are all about the same size so that they’ll cook evenly.
The brussels sprouts are tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, then bacon is added to the pan and the whole thing goes into the oven until the bacon is crispy and the sprouts are golden brown.
You’ll want to cut your bacon into fairly small pieces; it’s best to use a regular cut of bacon as thick cut bacon will take longer to cook.
The final step is a sprinkling of chopped parsley, then simply serve and enjoy!
These bacon roasted brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish for a holiday dinner, or for an everyday meal. They’re great paired with chicken, steak or pork. I often serve my sprouts alongside a roasted chicken with potatoes.
My 6 year old twins are obsessed with these sprouts; every time they’re at the grocery store with me, they ask to buy brussels sprouts! If 6 year olds happily eat it, you know it must be good!
More veggie side dishes
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Green Bean Bundles
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Pomegranate Pecan Brussels Sprouts
Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the brussels sprouts in a single layer on the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the bacon pieces around the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy and sprouts are browned. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Sliced green onions may be substituted for parsley.