This pull apart bread is loaded with garlic butter, herbs and plenty of cheese, all baked together to gooey perfection. The ultimate side dish or appetizer option for a crowd!
You can never go wrong with garlic and cheese bread, my favorites include garlic knots, cheese bombs, and this super easy pull apart loaf. This one always gets rave reviews!
Garlic bread is the perfect side dish to go with almost any meal. This pull apart bread is a unique twist on the classic recipe, with plenty of garlic, herbs and melted cheese. It’s great for game day, or as a side to an Italian dinner. Regardless of how you serve it, this bread is sure to be a hit.
How do you make pull apart bread?
This recipe starts with a loaf of bakery bread – you can choose your favorite type such as French, Italian or sourdough. The bread is cut diagonally, then filled with a mixture of garlic butter, herbs and plenty of cheese. The loaf bakes in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve your bread immediately, and watch it disappear!
Tips for pull apart bread
- This bread can be assembled up to 4 hours before you plan to bake it. Store your bread covered in the refrigerator, and add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
- Make sure you don’t cut all the way through the loaf when you’re making your cross-hatch pattern. You want the loaf to stay together in the oven, so stop cutting when you hit the start of the bottom crust.
- You can use any type of cheese you like for this recipe, some great options include cheddar, Monterey Jack, fontina or Swiss.
Garlic Bread Variations
You can add so many different ingredients to this bread to make your own creation! You can stuff the bread with up to 1/4 cup of any of the following flavorings.
- Diced Olives
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Artichoke Hearts
- Roasted Garlic
- Feta Cheese
- Italian Sausage
This bread looks impressive, yet it takes just minutes to put together. Any time I need a hearty side dish to go with dinner, I turn to this fabulous bread. It’s as fun to eat as it is to make!
MORE DELICIOUS SIDE DISHES
Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- 16 ounce sourdough or french loaf of bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or equal parts of dried basil parsley and oregano)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley divided use
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the bread on a foil lined sheet pan.
- Cut a grid on the bread by creating vertical cuts, stopping before you hit the bottom crust, then repeating the cuts in a horizontal manner.
- Place the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley in a small bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments or until butter is melted.
- Drizzle the butter into the crevices of the bread. Gently stuff the cheese into the crevices of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in foil to cover. Bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of parsley and serve.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bear Creek Soup Mixes.