This parmesan roasted broccoli is seasoned with olive oil, parmesan and herbs. Put it in a hot oven and cook until tender and browned for the best broccoli you’ll ever have!
Broccoli will never be boring again after you’ve tried this recipe. This broccoli is so good you can make a whole meal out of it!
My kids are hit and miss when it comes to vegetables, but broccoli is one of the few that all three girls will happily eat. Sometimes I get tired of basic steamed broccoli, so I decided to switch things up a bit with this parmesan roasted broccoli. It was a huge success, both with the kids and the adults!
How to make parmesan roasted broccoli
This recipe couldn’t be any easier. You’ll need some fresh broccoli florets, olive oil, seasonings and parmesan cheese. The broccoli is coated in the olive oil and seasonings, then roasted to golden brown perfection.
The final step in the process is to add a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a little chopped parsley. I promise you, there will be no leftovers of this amazing veggie dish!
I like to serve my parmesan roasted broccoli with lemon wedges as garnish, but that’s completely optional.
This parmesan roasted broccoli is perfect for a simple weeknight dinner, yet elegant enough to serve to company. However you serve it, you won’t have any problems getting your family to eat their veggies!
More veggie recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Root Vegetables
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Pomegranate Brussels Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Video
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cooking spray
- lemon wedges optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli florets in a gallon sized freezer bag. Add the olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Pour the broccoli onto the sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle the parmesan and parsley over the broccoli and drizzle with lemon juice, then serve, garnished with lemon wedges if desired.