These pomegranate pecan brussels sprouts are a healthy and colorful side dish with just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time.
Brussels sprouts are a fall favorite, and this recipe dresses them up with the addition of sweet pomegranates and pecans.
Brussels sprouts are kind of a polarizing vegetable – you either love them or you hate them. Any many people that hate them have bad memories of eating boiled mushy brussels sprouts when they were growing up. These are not your mother’s brussels sprouts – this version is roasted and then tossed with pecans and pomegranate seeds for a delicious and healthy side dish.
How do you cook brussels sprouts?
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to put together – basically all you have to do is cut the brussels sprouts up and then you’re ready to go! The sprouts go into a hot oven and after they’re tender and caramelized it’s time to add a little butter along with the pomegranate and pecans. The sweetness of the pomegranate and the texture of the crunchy nuts go so well with the flavors of the brussels sprouts.
This is a pretty dish to go on a holiday table or to be simply served alongside roasted chicken on a busy weeknight. No matter how you serve them, these brussels sprouts will definitely make the haters reconsider their stance on these sometimes under-appreciated veggies!
More side dish ideas
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Zucchini Gratin
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Stove Top Mac and Cheese
- Candied Carrots
Pomegranate Pecan Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds arils
- 1/3 cup pecan halves or chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray. Place the brussels sprouts on the pan in a single layer. Drizzle the olive oil over the brussels sprouts and season them generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the butter onto the hot pan and stir the brussels sprouts around until they're coated in the butter. Transfer to a serving platter and top with pecans and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.