These slow cooker glazed carrots are a super easy side dish that’s perfect for a casual dinner or a holiday gathering!
Sweet and savory brown sugar glazed carrots are coated in butter and sugar and cooked to tender perfection. Your whole family will love these slow cooker carrots!
One thing you’ll always find in my fridge is a bag of carrots. They’re cheap, healthy, they last for weeks, and they’re my go to when I need an easy veggie side. These slow cooker glazed carrots are the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight or for Thanksgiving dinner. Glazed carrots is a classic dish that never goes out of style and making it in the crock pot is just so easy. It also frees up oven space if you’re preparing a big holiday meal!
How to make glazed carrots
These slow cooker carrots are made with sliced carrots, brown sugar, butter and some spices. That’s it!! Everything goes into the slow cooker for about 3 hours and what comes out is tender carrots in the most delicious sauce. I add a little parsley at the end just for color, but you can skip that step if you like. After my carrots are cooked through, I typically like to thicken the glaze a bit, although this is also an optional step. I thicken the glaze by removing the cover of the slow cooker and cooking the carrots for another 15 minutes. This step helps to reduce and thicken the sauce which helps it cling to the carrots.
For this dish, you can use full sized carrots that have been peeled and cut into rounds, or you can use a bag of baby carrots if you prefer. I think the carrot coins are prettier, so I always go that route. My kids love these glazed carrots too, this recipe is one of their favorite side dishes! These slow cooker glazed carrots will definitely be on my holiday table this year, they’re easy, cheap, beautiful and delicious. How can you go wrong with that?
More easy side dishes
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Pomegranate Pecan Brussels Sprouts
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Bacon Ranch Green Beans
- Green Bean Bundles
Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place the carrots in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until carrots are tender. If you'd like to thicken the glaze, remove the cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.