This veggie pizza is a crispy crescent roll crust topped with ranch flavored cream cheese and crunchy colorful vegetables. An easy holiday appetizer that’s perfect for serving a crowd!
The holidays are here, which means lots of fun, celebrations and food! I find myself entertaining a lot over the holidays, and when I need a quick and easy appetizer to serve a hungry crowd, I turn to this veggie pizza. It’s fresh, colorful, festive and is always the first thing to disappear from the snack table. You won’t believe how easy it is to make, and your guests will be asking you for the recipe!
How to make veggie pizza
This recipe starts with unbaked crescent rolls, which are rolled out in one big sheet to form the crust for this pizza. I put a sheet of Glad® Press ‘n Seal® on my kitchen counter for a non-stick surface to roll out my dough. The dough gets rolled into a rectangle and placed into a sheet pan, then is baked to golden brown perfection. I top my dough with ranch flavored cream cheese and crisp colorful veggies for an appetizer that’s as pretty as it is delicious!
I use Glad Press ‘n Seal for so many things, it seals tightly onto many difference surfaces like plastic, metal and wood. I also use my Press n’ Seal to cover my veggie pizza while it’s chilling in the refrigerator. I love that this plastic wrap is BPA-free and safe to use in the microwave.
The creamy spread for this veggie pizza is made with cream cheese, sour cream, and a packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dip Mix. Ranch is not just for salads, the dip mix adds SO much flavor to this veggie pizza. The ranch spread is my favorite part of this whole recipe! You can find Hidden Valley Dip Mixes in the dressing aisle near the dry mixes. I bought everything to make this recipe at Walmart, it’s my favorite place to go for one stop shopping for holiday entertaining.
This veggie pizza is topped with a crunch and colorful combination of shredded carrots, broccoli, green onions and red and yellow bell peppers. I like to lightly steam the broccoli, but I leave the rest of the veggies raw. You can really use any of your favorite cooked or raw vegetables here, other great options would be sliced mushrooms, radishes, asparagus, corn and cauliflower. This veggie pizza reminds me of the flavors of veggies with Ranch dip, all on top of a crispy crust. How can you go wrong with that?!
The great thing about this veggie pizza is that it’s made for serving a crowd. You can cut your slices as large or as small as you want. It makes a hearty appetizer, or you can even cut the squares a little larger and serve it as a meal. I’ll be heading over to Walmart quite a bit this holiday season to pick up the ingredients for this party snack, it’s become one of my most requested recipes. Your friends and family are bound to love it too! Be sure to head over to the Walmart website for more great holiday entertaining recipe ideas from Hidden Valley to make your gatherings extra special this year.
- 2 8 ounce cans crescent rolls
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dip Mix
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced bell peppers red, yellow or a combination
- 1 cup chopped broccoli raw or lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- cooking spray
- Glad® Press’n Seal® Food Wrap
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place a sheet of Glad Press’n Seal Food Wrap on the countertop. Unroll the crescent rolls onto the sheet of Press’n Seal and roll into a 10"x15" rectangle. Transfer to prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and Hidden Valley Dip Mix.
- Spread the ranch mixture evenly over the crust. Top with carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and green onions. Cover the pan with Glad Press’n Seal food wrap. Chill for one hour, then cut into squares and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® & Glad®. The opinions and text are all mine.