These easy turkey roll ups are filled with smoked turkey, swiss cheese, avocado and spinach, all wrapped up and sliced into pinwheels. The perfect easy lunch or party snack!
I don’t know about you, but I feel like as soon as December 1st hit, life got crazy busy! We have 4 different holiday events in one day this Saturday, it’s hard to find the time to breathe let alone eat! These turkey roll ups are the perfect meal or snack to fuel you during the holiday season, and they also make a great party appetizer!
Instead of getting overly stressed, I’m choosing to keep it simple with Simply Avocado. Simply Avocado is a new line of dips and spreads from the makers of Wholly Guacamole. The Simply Avocado products are made with real, hand scooped Hass avocados and have four ingredients or less. I always have trouble picking a ripe avocado, so I’m so excited that now I can have perfectly ripe avocado whenever I want, all year round.
Simply Avocado is currently available in two flavors, Sea Salt and Garlic and Herb. You can use either variety in these turkey roll ups! You can find Simply Avocado in the produce department at Walmart stores, and online at Mexgrocer.com. And be sure to look out for two new varieties coming to stores soon – Jalapeno Lime and Roasted Red Pepper.
How to make turkey roll ups
To make these pinwheel sandwiches, you’ll need tortillas or flatbread (I used a spinach flavored wrap here), Simply Avocado, Swiss cheese, spinach and a little bit of bacon. I use either an uncured lean center cut bacon, or turkey bacon. To assemble your sandwiches, you’ll need to layer all of the items on your tortilla, then simply roll and slice!
I love these turkey avocado roll ups as a quick meal, a filling snack, or sometimes I even bring a platter of them to holiday parties. It’s a great way to grab a lighter bite to eat to energize you for all the activities of the season.
Ready to try some Simply Avocado? You can enter to win a Simply Avocado prize pack ($50 value) below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Rainbow Veggie Pinwheels
- Taco Pinwheels
- Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels
- Turkey Alfredo Pizza
- Herb Roasted Turkey
Turkey Avocado Roll Ups
- 2 large tortillas or wraps I used spinach flavored wraps
- 1/2 cup Simply Avocado Dip and Spread your choice of flavor
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 1/4 cups spinach leaves
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (I use turkey bacon or uncured lean center cut bacon)
- Lay your tortillas flat. Spread 1/4 cup of Simply Avocado onto each tortillas.
- Layer the turkey, spinach, Swiss cheese and bacon over 2/3 of the tortilla, leaving the last 1/3 with just the avocado on it.
- Starting at the end with all the toppings, roll the tortilla tightly.
- Slice into pinwheels and serve.
2. These roll ups can be made up to one hour before you plan to serve them. Simply cover the rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate, then slice when you're ready to serve.
This recipe for turkey roll ups is sponsored by Simply Avocado. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!