This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KickUpTheFlavor #CollectiveBias
This Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Ball is full of zesty Mexican flavor and takes just minutes to make. The perfect snack for game day!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
We love a good cheese ball in my house – back in the day we used to buy those shrink wrapped almond coated cheese balls that they sell in the deli section of most grocery stores. One day I stumbled across a recipe for a homemade cheese ball and I’ve been making different varieties ever since. It’s so much more delicious than the store bought kind and surprisingly easy to make! One of my favorites is this jalapeno cheddar cheese ball.
This jalapeno cheddar cheese ball has a short ingredient list but is huge on flavor – the secret ingredient is Pace® Picante Sauce, which you can find at Walmart in the ethnic foods aisle. We always have a jar in the house, they have a lot of different varieties of textures and heat levels to choose from. This time I went with the 24 ounce Medium Picante Sauce.
This cheese ball couldn’t be any simpler to make – cream cheese and cheddar cheese are mixed with Picante Sauce, fresh cilantro and minced jalapenos. I remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapenos to tone down the heat a bit, but if you don’t like things spicy you can substitute green bell pepper.
This jalapeno cheddar cheese ball is the ultimate snack for any party, especially a football party. There’s nothing better than watching the game with some fun appetizers and this recipe definitely fits the bill. I like to serve the cheese ball with assorted crackers, chips, pretzels and vegetables. This one is definitely going on the menu for the big game coming up!
For more great recipe ideas with a kick of flavor, check out the Walmart website. So tell me, what’s your favorite game day snack?
Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Medium Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of minced jalapenos seeds and ribs removed. Alternatively you can use 1/4 cup of minced green bell pepper for less heat.
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro divided use
- 1 cup of crushed tortilla chips
- Chopped tomatoes for garnish optional
- Place the cream cheese and Picante Sauce in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. You can use a spoon or a mixer for this step.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeno and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Place the cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and shape it into a ball with your hands.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the ball of cheese and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to one day.
- Just before serving, combine the crushed tortilla chips and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro on a plate.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the cheese ball and roll it in the tortilla chip mixture.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped tomatoes if desired.