This recipe for buffalo cauliflower bites is crispy cauliflower florets baked to perfection and coated in spicy buffalo sauce. Serve these cauliflower wings with ranch dip for the ultimate party snack!
I love anything smothered in buffalo sauce, whether it’s chicken nuggets, crispy shrimp, or this delectable buffalo cauliflower. It’s a unique and unexpected appetizer that’s baked instead of fried, yet still packed with plenty of flavor.
These buffalo cauliflower bites are hands down, the best way to enjoy cauliflower. They’re soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and coated in a spicy 3 ingredient sauce. Add some celery sticks, and a traditional dip like ranch or blue cheese, and you’ve got a snack that’s sure to get rave reviews!
How do you make buffalo cauliflower?
This recipe starts with cauliflower florets, which you will toss in a batter made of flour, water, salt and pepper. Place the cauliflower into the oven to bake until crisp. While the cauliflower is in the oven, make the spicy sauce with a blend of buffalo wing sauce, butter and honey. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, toss to coat, then bake the cauliflower one more time. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips for buffalo cauliflower
- Be sure to cut your cauliflower into similar sized pieces so that they’ll cook at the same rate.
- You can add other spices to the batter such as garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika or even chili powder.
- I prefer Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, but other varieties of hot sauce will also work.
- This cauliflower is best when you serve it right out of the oven, as the coating will soften as the cauliflower sits.
Is cauliflower healthy?
Cauliflower is a super healthy vegetable that is a great addition to any diet. Cauliflower is low in calories, low in carbs, and high in fiber. This vegetable contains ample amounts of Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, folate, potassium and manganese.
In my opinion, a spicy snack needs a cool dip to keep the heat level to a reasonable level. While I often serve my buffalo cauliflower with ranch dip, blue cheese or buttermilk dips are also great choices. You can buy pre-prepared ranch dip at the store, or make your own homemade version.
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s unique yet familiar – it’s a welcome surprise to see cauliflower get the buffalo treatment. This is a great way to do something a little different than the traditional vegetable plate for your next gathering. Every time I make these buffalo cauliflower bites, they disappear immediately! If you’re having a big crowd over, you can easily double the recipe. Simply double the ingredients, split the cauliflower between two sheet pans and you’ve got a veggie snack to feed the masses!
More game day snack options
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- White Queso Dip
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Buffalo Cauliflower Video
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stem and core removed and broken into florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup buffalo wing sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- celery sticks and ranch dip for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour with 1/2 cup water and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cauliflower florets to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a single layer on the baking sheet; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. While the cauliflower is baking, whisk together the buffalo wing sauce, melted butter and honey until smooth.
- Pour the buffalo sauce mixture over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy and just starting to brown.
- Serve immediately, with celery sticks and ranch dip if desired.
This post is sponsored by Marzetti®. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible! This post was originally published on January 29, 2017 and was updated on December 18, 2019 with new content.