This recipe for buffalo cauliflower bites is crispy cauliflower florets baked to perfection and coated in spicy buffalo sauce. Serve these cauliflower wings with ranch dip for the ultimate game day snack!
This post is sponsored by Marzetti®. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
I have been glued to my television the past few weekends watching the football play offs, and am so excited for the big game! We’ll be having some friends over to watch the main event. As much as I love game day, I also love game day food! I’ve been busy planning my menu for our little get together, and these buffalo cauliflower bites will definitely be on the list. They’re crispy, spicy and totally delicious, especially when served with a side of Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip!
I love that these buffalo cauliflower wings come out crispy, but they’re baked instead of fried which means you don’t have to feel guilty about snacking on them. This buffalo cauliflower is crunchy, spicy and perfectly matched with the cool and creamy veggie dip.
How do you make buffalo cauliflower?
The secret to getting crispy buffalo cauliflower is a super simple batter. The raw cauliflower florets are tossed in the batter then roasted at high heat. The cauliflower is tossed in buffalo wing sauce, then returned to the oven to bake until you’ve got cauliflower perfection! I use a pre-prepared buffalo wing sauce to save time; you can find this type of sauce at most grocery stores in the hot sauce and condiment aisle.
I like to serve the traditional carrots and celery alongside these buffalo cauliflower bites. In my opinion, when you’ve got Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip on the table, you can never have too many veggies to dip in it!
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s unexpected yet familiar – it’s a welcome surprise to see cauliflower being given the buffalo treatment. This is a great way to do something a little different than the traditional vegetable plate for your game day spread. Every time I make these buffalo cauliflower bites, they disappear immediately! If you’re having a big crowd over, you can easily double the recipe. Simply double the ingredients, split the cauliflower between two sheet pans and you’ve got a veggie snack to feed the masses!
More game day snack options
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- White Queso Dip
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stem and core removed and broken into florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup buffalo wing sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip
- optional: carrot and celery sticks
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour with 1/2 cup water and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cauliflower florets to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a single layer on the baking sheet; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. While the cauliflower is baking, whisk together the buffalo wing sauce, melted butter and honey until smooth.
- Pour the buffalo sauce mixture over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy and just starting to brown.
- Serve immediately with Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip. Add carrots and celery to the serving plate if desired.