These beer brat bites are juicy bratwurst sausages that are grilled to perfection, then sliced and tossed in a beer glaze. An easy appetizer that’s sure to be the hit of any holiday party!
Bratwurst and beer are a classic flavor combination; I’ve turned this popular dish into an easy snack that’s great for parties, football games, or as a hearty snack.
Holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be time consuming. As much as I love cooking and entertaining, I don’t love spending hours in the kitchen instead of socializing with family and friends. These beer brat bites are a take on the traditional bratwurst cooked in beer, and they make a hearty and unexpected snack for any holiday gathering. They’re so easy to make too!
This recipe is made easy with the help of the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill. I absolutely love my Sizzling Sausage Grill and I’ve purchased a few to give as holiday gifts too!
The Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill is so easy to use, and it always turns out perfectly cooked, golden brown sausages in less than 15 minutes. It’s the perfect gift for the sausage lover in your life! It’s easy to transport and you can use it anywhere that there’s an electrical outlet.
When you use the Sizzling Sausage Grill, the cooking plates actually enclose the sausage so that they cook and brown evenly. All the flavors are retained and there’s no mess or or drippings that splatter outside the grill. I love that you can cook anywhere from one to five sausages at a time. I cook five sausages in my grill for these beer brat bites, that way they’ll serve a crowd!
You can purchase your own Sizzling Sausage Grill for under $80. To receive your grill in time for the holidays, be sure to place your order by December 11th and use the code sizzle at checkout to receive free shipping and handling!
How to make beer brat bites
To make this snack, you’ll need Johnsonville Bratwurst, your favorite beer, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and parsley. That’s it! While the sausages cook on the grill, you reduce the beer and brown sugar until thickened. The mustard gets whisked into the beer mixture and you’ve got the perfect sauce to complement your brats. A little parsley goes over the top, and you’re ready to eat!
I used a dark porter ale here, but you can use whichever variety of beer you like best. A lager or pale ale would also work nicely. I tend to just serve these sausage bites in the pan with toothpicks, and they never last very long!
Be sure to purchase your Sizzling Sausage Grill today – in fact, get one for yourself, and one for a gift! Don’t forget to use the code sizzle for free shipping and handling, and enjoy your perfectly cooked sausages all year round.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- Sausage Cheese Balls
- Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Pizza Stuffed Shells
Beer Brat Bites
- 1 package Johnsonville Bratwurst Sausages
- 1 12 ounce bottle beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place the bratwurst sausages in the Sizzling Sausage Grill and cook until done.
- While the sausages are cooking, make the sauce. Place the beer and brown sugar in a pot over medium high heat; bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is reduced and thickened. Whisk in the mustard until smooth.
- Whisk the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water and pour into the beer mixture. Bring the beer to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick.
- Slice the sausages into 1 inch pieces and add them to the pot with the sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
This recipe for beer brat bites is sponsored by Johnsonville. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!