This hot corn dip is made with two types of cheese, bacon, bell peppers and corn, all baked to golden and bubbly perfection. Serve your hot and cheesy dip with a side of tortilla chips and watch the rave reviews come in!
I can never resist a cheesy dip, I often find myself making white queso dip, chicken alfredo dip and this amazing bacon corn dip.
When it’s warm out and corn is in season, I find myself making this hot, cheesy corn dip on repeat. You don’t have to wait until summer time to make this amazing dip – it’s great all year round and is a unexpected yet always welcomed offering.
How do you make corn dip?
The base of this dip is cream cheese, sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese. These ingredients are mixed with corn, bell peppers, bacon, garlic and spices. Another layer of cheese goes over the top of the dip, then it’s ready to be baked. Bake your dip until it’s bubbly and all the cheese is melted. Serve your dip with tortilla chips and enjoy!
How do you cut corn off the cob?
If you’re using fresh corn for this dip, you’ll need to remove it from the cob before you can proceed with the recipe. There are a few simple ways to remove corn from the cob without making a huge mess. One option is to buy a corn stripper, which is a tool designed for this exact use. If you’d rather not buy another kitchen tool, lay an ear of corn flat on a cutting board and carefully slice the kernels off. You can also stand the ear of corn inside a large bowl, then cut the kernels off so that they’re all contained within the bowl.
Tips for Corn Dip
- To save on prep time, you can use pre-cooked bacon and pre-shredded cheese.
- Looking to save a few calories? You can use 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of full fat cheese.
- If you like a browned topping on your dip, try running it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- I like to add extra corn, bacon and peppers on top of my dip for a nicer presentation, but that’s an optional step.
Corn Dip Variations
There are so many different ways to customize this recipe to make it your own!
- Protein: You can add cooked chopped chicken, shrimp or sausage to this dip.
- Cheese: Try a different variety of cheese such as cheddar, fontina or mozzarella.
- Spicy: Add some minced jalapenos to the dip and use pepper jack cheese.
- Beans: Add 1 cup of pinto or black beans.
Can you make corn dip in advance?
You can absolutely make this dip in advance. The dip can be assembled and stored covered in the fridge for up to 8 hours before you plan to bake it. You may need to add a few minutes onto the baking time to compensate for starting with a cold dip.
Whether it’s for game day or just for an every day snack, this corn dip is sure to be a huge hit!
More fabulous dip recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers I used red and green
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided use
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional corn, peppers and bacon for garnish optional
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a small skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the corn and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the bacon.
- Place the corn mixture in a large bowl along with the cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chili powder and salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the corn and cheese mixture into the prepared dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top.
- Top with additional corn, peppers and bacon for garnish if desired, then serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Such cheesy goodness! I loved this dip!
This was so amazing! One of our favorite new recipes.
My guests inhaled this delicious dip!
This needs to happen at my house very soon!! This looks incredibly delicious!
This is fantastic! I’d really love to try this, definitely a huge hit in our house!
This looks like a super easy dip! Not to mention, quick and delicious to boot!
Made this for a quick snack and the whole family loved it! Tastes amazing
Awesome summer dip! This will be perfect for the 4th of July! Looking forward to making this! Yum!
What a delicious party starter! This looks just fabulous!
This sounds like a perfectly cheesy and flavorful dip.
This is so easy to make and it’s great that it can also be prepped ahead of time. Such a great recipe.
LOVE cheesy corn dip and this is such a fabulous version 🙂 made it for a dinner party to rave reviews and will be making again later with in season corn when it’s in season. Great recipe! thanks for sharing
I just want to grab a chip and dip it into my screen. This looks so good!