This lime sherbet punch is a cool and refreshing beverage made with lemon lime soda, limeade and sherbet. Sherbet punch is the perfect drink for parties, especially on a warm day!
When I’m entertaining, I like to offer plenty of refreshing drink recipes such as a blood orange margarita, pineapple punch, vodka punch, Grinch punch, strawberry lemonade, Irish mule, a mojito mocktail and this fun and easy sherbet punch.
It’s always a great idea to serve a fun drink at a party, and while cocktails are a hit with adults, it’s always a good idea to serve a non-alcoholic option for the kids as well. This sherbet punch only contains a handful of ingredients and looks SO impressive for guests! It’s great for a baby shower, birthday party or Christmas.
Table of Contents
Sherbet Punch Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need frozen limeade concentrate, lemon lime soda, lime sherbet, maraschino cherries, lemons, limes and fresh mint sprigs.
How Do You Make Sherbet Punch?
Line a muffin tin with plastic wrap, then scoop some of the sherbet into the muffin cups and place in the freezer. This allows you to have nice scoops floating on top of the drink for an elegant presentation. Place the rest of the sherbet in a punch bowl or pitcher with the limeade concentrate and stir it all together. Pour in the lemon lime soda, then float the scoops of sherbet on top. Arrange the lemon slices, lime slices, cherries and mint on top of the punch for garnish, then serve and enjoy.
Tips For The Perfect Drink
- I find to get the prettiest drink, it’s best to scoop out your sherbet into the wells of a muffin tin, then freeze the scoops solid before floating them on top.
- This drink is best when served immediately, as the soda will go flat over time and the scoops of sherbet will melt.
- You can add a few drops of green food coloring if you prefer a more vividly colored drink.
- Feel free to turn this into an alcoholic punch by adding up to 1 1/2 cups of vodka or rum, or any other type of alcohol you like.
- This drink works well with both Sprite and 7-Up so use your favorite!
If you don’t have lemon lime soda, ginger ale is a good substitute.
It is fine to use sorbet instead of sherbet in punch. Just be aware that sorbet does not contain dairy, where sherbet does. Using sherbet will produce a creamy drink, and sorbet will create an icier beverage.
Rainbow sherbet is a blend of flavors and typically contains raspberry, orange and lime sherbet. It sometimes also has pineapple sherbet.
While this recipe is delicious as-is, you can easily customize the ingredients to suit your tastes.
- Pineapple Sherbet Punch: Use 1.5 quarts pineapple sherbet, 4 cups pineapple juice and 5 cups lemon lime soda.
- Rainbow Sherbet Punch: You will need 1.5 quarts rainbow sherbet, 4 cups of fruit punch such as Hawaiian Punch, and 5 cups lemon lime soda.
- Raspberry Sherbet Punch: Use 1.5 quarts raspberry sherbet, 4 cups of cranberry raspberry juice and 5 cups lemon lime soda.
- Orange Sherbet Punch: Mix together 1.5 quarts orange sherbet, 3 cups of orange juice and 6 cups orange soda.
This fizzy drink is a must-have for all of your gatherings, and it’s especially appreciated on a warm day!
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
- 1.5 quarts lime sherbet
- 12 ounce can frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 liters lemon lime soda
- 2 limes sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained
- 1/4 cup mint sprigs
- Line a muffin tin with plastic wrap. Place a small scoop of sherbet into 8 of the muffin cups, then freeze for 30 minutes. Reserve the remaining sherbet.
- Place the limeade concentrate into a large punch bowl and add the remaining sherbet. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the lemon lime soda into the punch bowl and gently stir.
- Float the scoops of sherbet on top of the punch, and arrange the lemons, limes, cherries and mint around the scoops of sherbet. Serve immediately.
- To make this an alcoholic punch, add 1 1/2 cups of vodka or white rum.
- This punch is best when served immediately.
- See the flavor variations section of the post for formulas to make raspberry sherbet punch, rainbow sherbet punch, orange sherbet punch and pineapple sherbet punch.