This raspberry smoothie recipe is full of berries, banana and Greek yogurt, all blended up into smooth and creamy perfection!
Smoothies are a great way to get extra nutrition into your family – this delicious raspberry smoothie is full of protein, fiber and vitamins!
My older girls are pretty good about eating their fruits and veggies, but my youngest can be a challenge. She’d live off granola bars if I let her! I try to get more nutrition into her with things like smoothies, and this raspberry smoothie recipe is one of our favorites!
How to make a raspberry smoothie
The ingredients for this smoothie are pretty basic. You’ll need some apple juice, banana, frozen raspberries,honey, and vanilla Greek yogurt. Frozen raspberries are naturally quite tart, so you do need to add a little sweetness in the form of the juice and honey to counteract that.
If you’d rather not use apple juice, you can substitute almond milk, coconut milk or cows milk, just be aware that you might need to add a little more sweetener to compensate. This recipe calls for unsweetened raspberries, some stores sell the bags of raspberries that contain sugar. Be sure to read your labels to make sure you’re buying the correct berries!
You can use this same smoothie base and swap out the raspberries for blueberries or strawberries for a different experience. I try to always keep the ingredients for this easy smoothie on hand so that I can whip one up when the mood strikes.
There’s just one thing we haven’t discussed yet: the beautiful color of this raspberry smoothie! You know it’s gotta be good when it’s almost too pretty to drink!
More smoothie recipes you’ll love
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh raspberries and mint sprigs for garnish optional
- Place the apple juice, banana, raspberries, yogurt and honey into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve, topped with raspberries and mint sprigs if desired.
- You can substitute almond milk or coconut milk for the apple juice, or try a different type of juice - lemonade is a great twist!
- Look for unsweetened frozen raspberries at your grocery store.