This recipe for a mixed berry smoothie is a refreshing and healthy combination of fruit and yogurt that’s kid-approved and super easy to make! Smoothies are a great choice for breakfast or as a mid-day snack.
Can you ever have too many smoothie recipes? I don’t think so! This mixed berry smoothie is my girls’ current favorite, so I figured it was time I shared it all with you too. It takes about 5 minutes to make, and it’s packed with protein thanks to Greek yogurt so it’s both filling and refreshing.
How do you make a mixed berry smoothie?
This mixed berry smoothie is simply frozen berries, banana, vanilla Greek yogurt, liquid of your choice, and sweetener if you desire. I buy bags of mixed frozen berries and always have a few in the freezer for when a smoothie craving strikes. I typically make these smoothies with apple juice as it eliminates the need to add any sweetener later on. Other liquid choices are skim milk, almond milk, coconut milk or even a cranberry juice would be nice. When I do sweeten smoothies, I typically reach for a little honey. Like I said, it’s really not needed here if you’re using juice, but you may want to add some if you go with a less sweet liquid like skim milk.
I have an insanely picky 3 year old, and on days when I can’t get her to eat more than 2 bites of anything, these mixed berry smoothies are a lifesaver. Nutrients, protein, fiber – and they happen to be her favorite color, bright pink! So while this may be a simple recipe, it’s definitely worthy of sharing for all of you out there who are trying to get your families to eat (and drink!) healthier. Hope you enjoy!
More great smoothie recipes
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice can also use almond milk, skim milk, coconut milk or other flavor of juice
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- Optional garnish: fresh berries and mint sprigs
- Place the apple juice, banana, berries and yogurt in a blender; blend until smooth. If the smoothie seems too thick, add a little more liquid (1/4 cup).
- Taste and add honey if desired. Pour into two glasses and garnish with fresh berries and mint sprigs if desired.