This homemade strawberry lemonade is a simple yet refreshing combination of fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar. The ultimate summer time drink!
Homemade lemonade tastes so much fresher than store bought. Add some ripe strawberries into the mix and you’ve got a delicious drink to cool off with on a hot day.
I am lucky enough to have a lemon tree in my yard, which means that we make homemade lemonade all the time. This strawberry lemonade is our favorite, I make it almost every week when the weather warms up! It’s perfect for parties and tastes so much better than the store bought kind.
How do you make strawberry lemonade?
To make strawberry lemonade, you’ll need fresh strawberries, sugar, lemons and water. The strawberries go into a blender with some water until they’re pureed, then are combined with the remaining ingredients to make this refreshing drink.
Can you use frozen strawberries for this lemonade?
I highly recommend using fresh strawberries for this recipe, but frozen strawberries will work in a pinch. If you use frozen strawberries, be sure to thaw them before they go into the blender. Frozen strawberries are often not as sweet as fresh strawberries, so you may also need to add more sugar.
Many recipes call for the sugar to simply be added to the strawberry puree and lemon juice, but I find it works best to make a quick simple syrup. I make a simple syrup because it ensures that the sugar is thoroughly combined with the water and you won’t end up with any grainy bits of sugar in your drink.
To make your simple syrup, you’ll need to combine water and sugar, and then heat until the sugar has melted. That’s all there is to it! You can make simple syrup in the microwave or on the stove.
Is pink lemonade the same as strawberry lemonade?
Typically pink lemonade is traditional lemonade that has food color added to it. It tastes like lemons and there are not any other flavors added to it.
While this lemonade is amazing as is, I like to add some garnishes to make it really special. Right before I serve my strawberry lemonade, I add fresh sliced strawberries, lemons and mint sprigs to the pitcher for added flavor. While this is an optional step, I do think it’s worth the extra time.
More fabulous drink recipes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 7 cups water divided use
- 1 cup sugar or more to taste
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sliced strawberries, lemons and mint sprigs for garnish optional
- Combine the sugar with 2 cups of water. Microwave for 2 minutes or heat on the stove until very hot. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place the strawberries in a blender with 1 cup of the water. Blend until smooth.
- Combine the strawberry puree, sugar water mixture, lemon juice and remaining 4 cups of water in a pitcher.
- Stir thoroughly then chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in sliced strawberries, lemon and mint sprigs if desired.