This recipe for Greek chicken kabobs is garlic and herb marinated chicken and colorful vegetables, skewered and grilled to perfection. Serve these skewers with a creamy cucumber yogurt dip for an easy and delicious dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Are you all tired of my Greek chicken recipes yet? I hope not, as you can tell I just love this flavor combination! I make these Greek chicken kabobs all the time, both the kids and adults love them! I serve these chicken skewers with a simple cucumber yogurt dip that really takes this dish to the next level.
This recipe starts with cubed chicken that’s marinated in a combination of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs. I typically marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes, but the chicken can sit in the marinade for up to 8 hours. I thread the chicken onto skewers with bell peppers and red onion and then toss them on the grill.
These Greek chicken kabobs can also be made inside if you don’t have a grill. You can also cook the skewers on a grill pan or even under the broiler. While the chicken is cooking, I make my sauce. The sauce is a simple combination of finely chopped cucumber, onion and herbs.
After the chicken has cooked through, serve it up with the yogurt dip, some chopped parsley and lemon wedges. I often round out the meal with some store bought pita bread and hummus, along with a steamed vegetable. I hope this recipe is as big of a hit in your house as it is in mine!
Greek Chicken Kabobs
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- For the yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup minced cucumber I prefer the small persian cucumbers
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Optional garnishes: lemon wedges chopped parsley
- For the chicken skewers:
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, sugar, pepper and garlic, along with 1 tablespoon of water, in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium or preheat the broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread the chicken pieces, red bell pepper and red onion onto 4 skewers.
- If grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- For broiling, broil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking make the sauce.
- For the yogurt sauce:
- Mix together the greek yogurt, olive oil, cucumber and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the yogurt sauce. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if desired.