This recipe for sriracha shrimp is large succulent shrimp in a flavorful marinade, threaded onto skewers and grilled to perfection. It’s my family’s favorite shrimp recipe!
Grilled shrimp doesn’t get any easier than this version which features bold sriracha and lemon flavors.
Here in California the weather is nice enough that we can grill almost year round, which is great because it’s one of my favorite cooking methods. I come up with the recipes and my husband mans the barbecue. This recipe for grilled lemon sriracha shrimp is one of his favorite meals and my dad happens to love it too. With Father’s Day approaching I thought it made sense to share their favorite with you so that you can also make it for the fathers in your lives.
How do you make sriracha shrimp?
This grilled sriracha shrimp recipe is super easy. The shrimp is simply marinated in a combination of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and sriracha. I used an extra large size shrimp (under 15 count) but you can use smaller shrimp if that’s what you have on hand, they’ll still be great. The shrimp gets threaded onto skewers and then grilled to perfection.
I kept the sriracha in this recipe at a modest amount because I wanted to be sure that the shrimp wouldn’t be too spicy for the kids. You can absolutely increase the sriracha if you or your dad prefer a spicier kick.
You can either serve these shrimp as is on the skewers, or remove the shrimp from the skewers before serving. I like to serve my shrimp with a grilled side dish such as asparagus foil packets or loaded potato packets. The shrimp are also great served over rice or with a loaf of fresh bread.
We make these shrimp all summer long, I love how quick and easy this recipe is!
More great shrimp recipes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingsfordFlavor #CollectiveBias
Grilled Sriracha Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp , peeled and deveined (leave tails on if desired)
- For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium preferred)
- juice from 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (Increase for more of a kick)
- lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place all of the marinate ingredients in a resealable bag, shake to mix. Add the shrimp and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least one hour, up to 4 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp has become pink and firm. Do not overcook. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Make ahead: The shrimp needs to marinate for at least one hour but can be placed into the marinade up to 4 hours in advance.