This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingsfordFlavor #CollectiveBias
This recipe for lemon sriracha shrimp is large succulent shrimp in a flavorful marinade, threaded onto skewers and grilled to perfection. It’s my family’s favorite shrimp recipe!
Here in California the weather is nice enough that we can grill almost year round, which is great because it’s one of my favorite cooking methods. I come up with the recipes and my husband mans the barbecue. This recipe for grilled lemon sriracha shrimp is one of his favorite meals and my dad happens to love it too. With Father’s Day approaching I thought it made sense to share their favorite with you so that you can also make it for the fathers in your lives.
Let’s talk about grilling for a minute – we have a charcoal grill that we’ve owned for years, it’s nothing fancy but it gets the job done. We exclusively use Kingford charcoal at our house at my husband’s request. He believes that it’s easier to light than all the other brands. We tend to buy our charcoal at The Home Depot, it’s close to our house and they sell a Kingsford Original Twinpack that keeps us grilling for a long time.
This grilled lemon sriracha shrimp recipe is super easy. The shrimp is simply marinated in a combination of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and sriracha. I used an extra large size shrimp (under 15 count) but you can use smaller shrimp if that’s what you have on hand, they’ll still be great. The shrimp gets threaded onto skewers and then grilled to perfection.
I kept the sriracha in this recipe at a modest amount because I wanted to be sure that the shrimp wouldn’t be too spicy for the kids. You can absolutely increase the sriracha if you or your dad prefer a spicier kick.
For all the grilling we do you’d think we would have all the tools and gadgets, but we actually keep it pretty simple. The one thing that would make our grilling easier is a charcoal chimney so I purchased one for my girls to give to my husband for Father’s Day. I filled the chimney with Kingsford charcoal and wrapped the whole thing in cellophane. The kids also picked out some cute dog shaped corn cob holders that I tied to the top of the package. I think he’ll be pleased with his gift!
Are you planning to grill for Father’s Day this weekend? I sure am!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp , peeled and deveined (leave tails on if desired)
- For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium preferred)
- juice from 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (Increase for more of a kick)
- lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place all of the marinate ingredients in a resealable bag, shake to mix. Add the shrimp and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least one hour, up to 4 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp has become pink and firm. Do not overcook. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Make ahead: The shrimp needs to marinate for at least one hour but can be placed into the marinade up to 4 hours in advance.