This easy 5 ingredient donut bread pudding is a make ahead breakfast that’s sure to get rave reviews!
This recipe transforms donut holes into a delicious bread pudding that your whole family will love. For a larger breakfast or a brunch with friends you can also serve ham and egg cups or a breakfast casserole.
For me, back to school means busy mornings – getting three young kids out of the house on time is no easy feat! I am always looking for simple breakfast options, and this donut bread pudding has been a total winner in my house. I bake up a pan of this bread pudding on Sunday night, then cut it into squares and store it in the fridge. In the morning, all I have to do is pop it on a plate, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds, and breakfast is served!
I recently discovered Farm Rich Bakery premium breakfast and snack products and we can’t get enough of them! Farm Rich Bakery items are in the freezer section and come in great varieties like High Protein Cinnamon French Toast Sticks, Chocolate Donut Holes, Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes, Blueberry Scones and Cinnamon Sugar Scones. They’re perfect for quick meals or snacks and make a great addition to any weekend brunch. Pop the Donut Holes and Scones in the oven and you’ve got a warm, fresh breakfast or snack in just minutes! Farm Rich Bakery Donut Holes and Scones are now available in Walmart stores nationwide.
How Do You Make Donut Bread Pudding?
This bread pudding is made with the Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes, although you could definitely use the chocolate variety if you prefer. It’s a super simple recipe that involves Farm Rich Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes, milk, eggs, a bit of maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Toss everything together, put it into the oven, bake, and serve!
I make this donut bread pudding for my kids because it’s a great way for them to enjoy their favorite breakfast (donut holes!) with the addition of eggs and milk for a little added protein and calcium. I top off this donut bread pudding with fresh fruit and a dollop of Greek yogurt for a breakfast that’s as pretty as it is delicious.
This donut bread pudding recipe is so versatile – it’s great for a make ahead breakfast option, perfect for a weekend brunch and is amazing topped with whipped cream for dessert!
For me, meal prep has been the key to staying organized and time efficient when it comes to getting the kids out the door in the morning. I love that I don’t have to worry about breakfast any more – whether it’s a Farm Rich Scone hot from the oven or this easy bread pudding, I’ve got it covered and my girls are happy!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Breakfast Sundaes
- No-Bake Breakfast Cereal Bars
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
Donut Bread Pudding Video
Donut Bread Pudding
- 1 box Farm Rich Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Optional: fresh fruit, Greek yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the donut holes according to package directions.
- Toss the donut holes in 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar packet that comes in the box. Reserve the remaining cinnamon sugar for later use.
- Coat a 6 cup or larger baking dish (or 9"x9" square pan) with cooking spray.
- Cut the donut holes in half and arrange in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the donut holes in the pan. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cinnamon sugar and bake for 30-45 minutes until center is set. Bake time will depend on the size of your baking dish. If the top starts to get overly brown, cover with foil for the remainder of the bake time.
- Cut into 8 squares and serve, topped with Greek yogurt and fruit if desired.
This post is sponsored by Farm Rich. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
I love bread pudding and the donuts really make this an amazing dish!
This was so good! A new favorite breakfast in our house!
As a doughnut lover this is amazzzzinnngggg.
My mouth is watering just thinking about this. Can’t wait to try it for breakfast sometime.
I cannot wait to make this for brunch this weekend! My mouth is already totally watering!
This dish is taking donuts to the next level! I love bread pudding. I love donuts. Now they are together almost like they were meant to be.
Oh my what an epic dish!! Love how the baked donut holes created this almost monkey-bread like breakfast!
I made this bread for my niece and nephew this weekend and they devoured it… Further securing my place as the best Aunt! 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!
Oh my goodness! This looks and sounds Awesome!
This bread pudding came out crazy good. It was sweet and amazing.
You had me at “Donut.” Scrumptious!
Pure unadulterated genius. This looks BEYOND delicious! Cannot wait to try!