These crispy Brussels sprouts are coated in olive oil, garlic and seasonings, then roasted at high heat until tender and golden brown. The absolute best way to enjoy Brussels sprouts!
You can never go wrong with some flavorful Brussels sprouts to round out a meal. Some of my favorite preparations include balsamic Brussels sprouts, grilled Brussels sprouts, and these super easy crispy Brussels sprouts.
I serve a green vegetable alongside almost all of our meals, and these crispy Brussels sprouts are always a hit. The best part is, this side dish recipe takes just minutes to put together, yet is still packed with plenty of flavor.
These sprouts are perfect with hearty main dishes like slow cooker whole chicken, beef tenderloin and smothered pork chops. Try these dishes or head over to my dinner recipes and make your own ultimate meal!
Table of Contents
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
For crispy Brussels sprouts you will need Brussels sprouts, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and black pepper.
How Do You Make Crispy Brussels Sprouts?
The trick to this Brussels sprouts recipe is to preheat your sheet pan or baking sheet in the oven so that the sprouts start to sear as soon as they hit the pan. Place the halved sprouts in a bowl along with salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Arrange the sprouts in a single layer, cut side down, on a sheet pan. Place the pan in the oven, then roast until the Brussels sprouts are deep golden brown. Add a sprinkle of parsley, then serve along with lemon wedges.
Tips For The Perfect Dish
- This dish works best with fresh sprouts. Frozen sprouts will release a lot of water and may not crisp up in the oven.
- If you don’t have any Italian seasoning or you want to make your own, check out my Italian seasoning recipe.
- You can serve your sprouts as-is, or offer them up with a dip on the side such as homemade ranch dip, veggie dip or creamy pesto dip.
- I find that this dish is best when served immediately, as the sprouts will soften as they sit.
- Leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat any leftovers in a hot oven to regain that crispy texture.
Look for sprouts that are similar in size and shape so that they cook at the same rate.
Make roasted Brussels sprouts crispy by preheating a sheet pan and coating it with cooking spray. Then place halved sprouts face down on the hot baking sheet and the leaves in the sprouts will crisp up nicely as you roast them.
To prepare Brussels sprouts for roasting, simply use a small paring knife to cut a thin slice off the root end of each sprout. Peel off any outer leaves that are yellow, wilted or damaged, then cut each sprout in half lengthwise.
You can crisp up cooked Brussels sprouts by reheating them in the oven on a heated sheet pan.
While this dish is great as-is, you can change up the ingredients to create other flavors to customize the recipe to your tastes.
- Bacon: Add 4 slices of diced raw bacon to the sheet pan along with the sprouts.
- Vegetables: Feel free to add other veggies such as red onion, zucchini, sliced carrots, green beans or mushrooms.
- Herbs: Swap out the fresh parsley for basil, dill, thyme or chives.
- Lemon: Try a squeeze of lemon juice over the cooked sprouts for a bright and fresh flavor!
- Cheese: Add a sprinkle of cheese at the end of the cook time. Some of my favorite options include Parmesan cheese or aged white cheddar.
This dish is perfect when paired with a variety of meats such as grilled steak, roasted chicken or pork tenderloin. It’s also a nice side to seafood including broiled salmon fillets or garlic butter shrimp. You simply can’t go wrong with crispy Brussels sprouts!
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Video
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- lemon wedges for garnish optional
- Place an empty sheet pan in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl along with the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and coat with cooking spray. Arrange the sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer on the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until sprouts are deep golden brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve, garnished with lemon wedges if desired.
- Look for sprouts that are similar in size and shape so that they cook at the same rate.
- This dish works best with fresh sprouts. Frozen Brussels sprouts will release a lot of water and may not crisp up in the oven.
- You can serve your sprouts as-is, or offer them up with a dip on the side such as ranch or spicy mayo.