These crispy Brussels sprouts are coated in olive oil, garlic and seasonings, then roasted at high heat until tender and golden brown. The absolute best way to enjoy Brussels sprouts!
You can never go wrong with some flavorful Brussels sprouts to round out a meal. Some of my favorite preparations include balsamic Brussels sprouts, grilled Brussels sprouts, and these super easy crispy Brussels sprouts.
I serve a green vegetable alongside almost all of our meals, and these crispy Brussels sprouts are always a hit. The best part is, this dish takes just minutes to put together, yet is still packed with plenty of flavor.
How do you make crispy brussels sprouts?
The trick to this dish is to preheat your sheet pan in the oven so that the sprouts start to sear as soon as they hit the pan. Place the halved sprouts in a bowl along with salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Arrange the sprouts in a single layer, cut side down, on a sheet pan. Place the pan in the oven, then roast until the Brussels sprouts are deep golden brown. Add a sprinkle of parsley, then serve along with lemon wedges.
Tips for the perfect dish
- Look for sprouts that are similar in size and shape so that they cook at the same rate.
- You can serve your sprouts as-is, or offer them up with a dip on the side such as ranch or spicy mayo.
- I find that this dish is best when served immediately, as the sprouts will soften as they sit. Leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat any leftovers in a hot oven to regain that crispy texture.
- This dish works best with fresh sprouts. Frozen Brussels sprouts will release a lot of water and may not crisp up in the oven.
HOW TO TRIM BRUSSELS SPROUTS
To prepare Brussels sprouts for roasting, simply use a small paring knife to cut a thin slice off the root end of each sprout. Peel off any outer leaves that are yellow, wilted or damaged, then cut each sprout in half lengthwise.
ARE BRUSSELS SPROUTS HEALTHY?
Brussels sprouts are a great choice for a healthy diet. This is a cruciferous veggie related to cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. Brussels sprouts contain nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin C, folate and manganese. They also have fiber and antioxidants, and happen to be low in calorie. Go ahead and enjoy a hearty serving of Brussels sprouts, your body will thank you!
Crispy brussels sprouts flavor variations
While this dish is great as-is, you can change up the ingredients to create other flavors to customize the recipe to your tastes.
- Bacon: Add 4 slices of diced raw bacon to the sheet pan along with the sprouts.
- Vegetables: Feel free to add other veggies such as red onion, zucchini, sliced carrots, green beans or mushrooms.
- Herbs: Swap out the fresh parsley for basil, dill, thyme or chives.
- Cheese: Add a sprinkle of cheese at the end of the cook time. Some of my favorite options include parmesan or aged white cheddar.
This dish is perfect when paired with a variety of meats such as grilled steak, roasted chicken or pork tenderloin. It’s also a nice side to seafood including broiled salmon or sauteed shrimp. You simply can’t go wrong with crispy Brussels sprouts!
More side dishes to savor
- Sauteed Kale
- Collard Greens with Bacon
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Video
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- lemon wedges for garnish optional
- Place an empty sheet pan in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl along with the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and coat with cooking spray. Arrange the sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer on the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until sprouts are deep golden brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve, garnished with lemon wedges if desired.
Turned out really excellent and paired it with pesto chicken and pasta.
I did this recipe in the air fryer and it came out perfect.
I am used to cooking brussels sprouts but was wondering about how to make the crispy ones. Your recipe sounds amazingly delicious. I will definitely give it a try!
I just love this recipe for crispy Brussels sprouts! Just like a local restaurant that serves them, but now I can make them at home 🙂
love this! i made them in the air fryer – so good!!!
Love crispy Brussels sprouts, and I bet they taste amazing with Italian seasoning! Will be making them asap.
A great recipe- they really do crisp up so nicely. Very simple to make.
Brussel sprouts are PHENOMENAL when they’re crispy! I just love the char and the minced garlic adds a terrific kick. Yum!
These Brussels sprouts turned out perfectly!! Love the tip about heating the sheet pan before hand — that made a huge difference!!
I love sprouts all ways and this is one of my favourites – all crspy, nutty and delicious!
Delicious and crispy brussels sprouts such a great side dish
We love our sprouts! cannot wait to try your recipe – it sounds amazing. thanks so much.