This veggie dip is loaded with garlic and herb flavors and pairs perfectly with a variety of fresh vegetables. This vegetable dip takes just 5 minutes to make and is great for parties and potlucks!
I love a good party dip, some of my favorites include bacon ranch dip, BLT dip and this refreshing veggie dip. I bring it to gatherings all the time and everyone always asks for the recipe.
Any time there’s a party, you can find a platter full of vegetables and dip. This homemade veggie dip is the best I’ve ever had, and best of all, it’s ready in minutes and can be made in advance. Serve your veggie dip with a rainbow of colorful vegetables and watch the rave reviews come in!
How do you make veggie dip?
This recipe is a simple blend of sour cream, mayonnaise, dried and fresh herbs, spices and seasonings. Everything gets mixed together, then the dip is chilled until you’re ready to serve it. Serve your dip with an assortment of vegetables such as carrots, celery, tomatoes, broccoli, radishes, cucumber, cauliflower and sliced bell peppers.
Tips for Veggie Dip
- Looking to save a few calories? You can use low fat sour cream and mayonnaise instead of the full fat varieties.
- I use a blend of fresh and dried herbs here. You can use all fresh or all dried herbs if you prefer. One teaspoon of dried herbs is the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re looking to serve a larger crowd.
- While I love this particular combination of herbs, you can use other herbs as well including basil, thyme or green onions.
- I like to top this dip with a variety of fresh herbs for garnish, but that’s an optional step.
Vegetable Dip Variations
This is a basic vegetable dip that has a classic garlic and herb flavor. You can add other ingredients to the mix to customize this dip to your tastes.
- Bacon: Add 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon.
- Garlic Lover’s: Saute 2 teaspoons of garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir it into the dip.
- Tuscan: Add 1/3 cup finely diced sun dried tomatoes.
- Cheese: Add 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Spinach: Add 1/2 cup cooked spinach that’s been drained of any excess water.
- Spicy: Add sriracha or buffalo sauce to taste. You can also stir in some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Olives: Add 1/4 cup finely chopped kalamata or green olives.
Can I make veggie dip in advance?
This dip is perfect to make in advance, you can make it 3-4 days before you plan to serve it. Store your dip in a covered container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
How long does vegetable dip stay fresh?
Vegetable dip will stay fresh in the fridge or up to 5 days. I don’t recommend freezing vegetable dip as it’s dairy based, and dairy can congeal and separate when frozen.
Try this veggie dip at your next gathering, and you’ll find that everyone will be hanging out at the vegetable tray enjoying this creamy delight!
More great dip recipes
- 1 cup sour cream can use low fat
- 1 cup mayonnaise can use low fat
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon sliced chives dried or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- chopped fresh dill and fresh chives for garnish optional
- Place the sour cream, mayonnaise, dried parsley, dried onion, dried dill weed, seasoned salt, sliced chives and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Stir until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, up to 4 days.
- Top with fresh chives and dill if desired. Serve with an assortment of fresh vegetables.
I love that you can make this so far in advance. It is so so good.
My new go-to dip recipe! So much better than the one from the store!
The basic version of this veggie dip is already delicious, and adding some of that optional add-in will definitely make this over the top amazing. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
With the holidays and game days fast approaching, this recipe came at the perfect time! I love that it is just 5 minutes to make too!!
Veggie dip is a classic, it’s always my go to for every party. Can’t wait to try yours!
The fresh herbs in this dip really make it special. I was able to use vegan substitutes and it turned out fantastic!
Holy cow this dip is so good! Just like my mother used to make. Everyone loved it!
Love all the seasonings in this dip! I can’t eat veggies without a dip & this one is amazing & a breeze to make!
I love this veggie dip ! looks so good!
This sounds so fresh and delicious and I’ll be the flavor gets even better after a couple of days!