This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
This cinnamon roll french toast casserole recipe is so simple to make and is the star of any breakfast or brunch!
One of my favorite ways to entertain during the holiday season is by hosting a brunch. People seem to book up for evening engagements right away during this busy time, but I find that our friends and family are always able to swing by for a fun and relaxed morning get together. When I entertain, I like to keep it simple yet delicious. This cinnamon roll french toast casserole is always the star of the show, it’s super easy to make and can even be assembled the night before.
The ingredient list for this cinnamon roll french toast is actually quite simple. The french toast is made with Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls, eggs, milk and a touch of maple syrup. A cinnamon streusel goes over the top, along with a drizzle of icing for the ultimate brunch dish. You HAVE to use the Grands! Cinnamon Rolls for this recipe, they bake up perfectly fluffy and are packed with so much cinnamon flavor. I buy mine in the refrigerated section at Walmart. This casserole makes the whole house smell so wonderful while it’s baking! Using Grands! Cinnamon Rolls makes this casserole a snap to put together, which means I get to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with friends and family.
If you’d like to make this cinnamon roll french toast the night before, simply pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls, cover and refrigerate. I make the streusel at the same time and store it in a little container in the fridge. In the morning I simply sprinkle the streusel over the cinnamon rolls and bake!
Of course no cinnamon roll is complete without icing, so skip the syrup on this french toast and use the icing containers that come in the cinnamon roll packages. You’ll be glad you did! Your family and friends will be asking you for a copy of the recipe for this one, it’s just that good! Holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be overly complicated; with a few minutes and a handful ingredients you can whip up something spectacular that will make any holiday memorable. Make sure to check out the Pillsbury at Walmart website for more amazing recipe ideas!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- For the french toast:
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls frosting reserved for later use
- cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- For the streusel:
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter cold and cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters and place them in the pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs, milk and maple syrup.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- For the streusel, place the flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Use a fork to blend the butter into the flour and sugar until a pebbly mixture forms.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the cinnamon roll french toast.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle the reserved frosting over the top and serve.