This recipe for candied pecans is pecan halves coated in a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture and baked to crispy and crunchy perfection. Candied pecans are perfect for salads, snacking or package them up for a fun homemade gift idea!
WARNING: these candied pecans are addicting! They’ve got the most amazing crackly cinnamon sugar coating and I could pretty much eat them morning, noon and night. I put these candied pecans on salads, they’re a great topper for cereal, yogurt or ice cream, and they’re the perfect party snack. Best of all, these candied pecans are so very easy to make!
All you need to do for this recipe is toss the pecans in a little egg white, coat them in cinnamon sugar and bake. I always make a large batch because they store well for weeks. You could even package some candied nuts in a jar with a pretty bow for a homemade holiday gift that’s sure to be appreciated by all!
You can change up the flavor profile on these candied pecans by using a spice other than cinnamon – think allspice, nutmeg or even a pinch of cayenne pepper for a sweet and spicy combo!
I’m making a big batch of these nuts to bring to my parents house on Thanksgiving day to have as a snack before the main event. Although honestly, these nuts may find themselves in our salad, and sprinkled on top of our pumpkin pie too; they’re just that good!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 8 ounces pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white with the water until the mixture is frothy. Pour the pecans into the egg white mixture and toss to coat. Pour in the cinnamon sugar mixture and stir until nuts are thoroughly coated in the sugar.
- Place the nuts in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking time, until the coating on the nuts has hardened.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container until ready for use.