This mini quiche recipe is bite sized pastries filled with eggs, cheese, meat and vegetables. An elegant appetizer or brunch option that can be customized in so many different ways to suit your tastes.
Quiche is a classic recipe that never goes out of style. What’s even better than quiche? Mini quiche! These little snacks are always a huge hit with both kids and adults alike, and they also happen to be easy to make.
How do you make mini quiche?
This recipe starts with store bought pie crust, the kind that comes pre-rolled in a box. Unroll your pie crusts, and cut circles out of the crusts with a cookie cutter or a jar lid. Press the crust circles into a mini muffin tin. Whisk together eggs with cream and seasonings to make the filling for your quiche. Place your flavorings such as ham and cheese in the bottom of each muffin tin. Pour the egg mixture over the top, then bake until golden brown.
Tips for the perfect quiche
- You want your pie crust to be chilled or at room temperature. If the pie crust is overly warm it will be hard to cut out.
- Make sure to dice your flavorings into tiny pieces to make sure they fit into the mini muffin cups.
- Pre-cook any vegetables that you’ll be adding to your quiche, otherwise they’ll leach water if they cook in the egg mixture and make your quiche watery.
- Feel free to garnish the finished quiches with fresh chopped herbs.
- Store any leftover quiche in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Mini quiche flavor variations
There are countless ways to customize these mini quiches to your tastes. Here are some of my favorite flavor combinations.
- Greek: Roasted red bell peppers, chopped cooked spinach, crumbled feta cheese and minced fresh dill.
- Mexican: Cooked and crumbled chorizo, cheddar cheese, red and green bell peppers.
- Ham & Cheese: Diced smoked ham, Swiss cheese and sauteed onions.
- Bacon: Cooked crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sliced green onions.
- Sausage: Breakfast sausage, sauteed onions, red bell peppers.
- Mushroom: Sauteed mushrooms, mozzarella cheese.
Can you serve quiche cold?
Quiche can be served warm, cold or at room temperature. I personally prefer to serve my quiche either warm or at room temperature, only because I think the pastry crust tastes better that way. That being said, it’s simply a matter of personal preference!
Can you freeze quiche?
You can freeze these mini quiche in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Place the frozen quiche in a 325 degree F oven and cook until warmed through, about 12-16 minutes.
Can you make mini quiche ahead of time?
You can make these quiche up to 3 days before you plan to serve them. Store the quiche in a covered container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a 325 degree F oven until warmed through, about 8-10 minutes.
This recipe is a must-make for any special occasion. No one can resist these savory bites of goodness!
More appetizers to try
Mini Quiche Video
- 3 pie crust rounds
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
Topping Options (each makes enough to fill 8 muffin cups)
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach excess water removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill minced
Ham & Cheese
- 1/4 cup ham diced
- 1/3 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Unroll the pie crusts and lay them out on a flat surface. Use a 3 inch cookie cutter to cut 12 circles out of each crust.
- Press each circle of pie crust into the holes in the muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Divide the spinach, roasted peppers, feta cheese and dill between 8 muffin cups.
Ham & Cheese
- Divide the ham, cheese and parsley between 8 muffin cups.
- Divide the bacon, cheese and green onions between 8 muffin cups
- Pour the egg mixture into each cup so that the cup is 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are browned. Use a spatula to lift the quiches out of the pan. Serve immediately.