This poinsettia cocktail is a blend of cranberry juice, orange liqueur and champagne, all mixed together and garnished with fresh cranberries and rosemary. An easy and elegant holiday drink that always gets rave reviews!
When the holidays arrive, I like to serve a variety of drink recipes including a Christmas margarita, Grinch cocktail, mojito mocktail, cranberry mimosa, Christmas sangria and this simple but beautiful poinsettia cocktail.
Sometimes you need a festive drink in a hurry, which is where these 3 ingredient poinsettia champagne cocktails come in. I love that it’s ready in 5 minutes, has the most vibrant color, and it’s the perfect lighter cocktail offering for a holiday party or on Christmas Eve. You can even serve this one on Thanksgiving or for New Year’s Eve!
Table of Contents
Poinsettia Cocktail Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need cranberry juice cocktail, triple sec (such as Cointreau) and champagne. You can garnish your drink with fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary for an elegant presentation.
How Do You Make A Poinsettia Cocktail?
The first step is to chill your champagne glass. Pour the cranberry juice and triple sec alcohol into the glass, then add the champagne. Stir gently to combine, then garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary. Serve immediately.
Tips For The Perfect Drink
- I use cranberry juice cocktail for some sweetness to balance out the champagne. If you prefer a more tart drink, it’s fine to substitute in 100% cranberry juice.
- It’s really helpful to purchase a measuring shot glass for cocktail making, as it means all your measurements will be accurate.
- You can use any type of sparkling wine that you like. While champagne from France is a traditional choice, I’ve also enjoyed this drink with Cava or Prosecco.
For an extra special presentation, try dipping the rim of your champagne flute into a bowl of water, then place it on a plate of sanding sugar. This will give your glass a sparkly rim!
A poinsettia drink contains cranberry juice, some type of orange liqueur and a sparkling wine such as champagne.
A drink of cranberry juice and champagne is called a poinsettia cocktail.
While this drink is fabulous as-is, you can change up some of the ingredients to make your own creations.
- Juice: Try using pomegranate juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice or cherry juice for a different take on this cocktail.
- Garnishes: You can use different garnishes such as fresh mint, or even small orange slices.
- Liquor: Grand Marnier is a great substitute for triple sec. You could also add a splash of brandy or chambord.
- Flavorings: I sometimes like to add a splash of grenadine to my cocktails for extra flavor and a more vibrant red color.
I serve this Christmas cocktail every year around the holidays. I love how easy it is to make, and my guests appreciate the vibrant flavor.
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
- 1½ ounces triple sec
- 2½ ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 ounces champagne
- fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Pour the triple sec and cranberry juice into a chilled champagne glass.
- Add the champagne to the glass. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs, then serve immediately.
- You can use any type of sparkling wine that you like. While champagne is a traditional choice, I’ve also enjoyed this drink with Cava or Prosecco.
- If you prefer a tart drink, you can use 100% cranberry juice instead of cranberry juice cocktail.