These easy garlic knots are smothered in butter, garlic, herbs and parmesan and are baked to golden brown perfection. A quick side dish for any meal!
If you’ve got a can of breadstick dough, you can make these garlic rolls that taste like they came from a restaurant. Serve them with a side of marinara for dipping and watch the compliments roll in!
When I go to my favorite local pizzeria, I always have to order a serving of garlic knots. Who can resist those buttery little balls of dough, especially with a dipping sauce on the side? Luckily, these garlic knots are SUPER easy to make at home. They’re the perfect side dish to any Italian meal.
How to make garlic knots
The first step to making garlic knots is to grab a can of breadstick dough. It saves so much time compared to trying to make the dough yourself.
You’re going to want to separate the breadsticks and place them flat on a pan, then tie each one into a knot, tucking the ends of the knot underneath as you go.
After you’ve got your knots ready to go, you’re going to brush them with a mixture of butter, garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese. Reserve half of your butter mixture so that you can give your garlic rolls a second coating of flavor when they come out of the oven!
After a quick trip through the oven, you’ve got garlic knot perfection. Add that extra butter, then serve the rolls up hot with a side of marinara for dipping.
I always keep a can of breadstick dough in the fridge for when a garlic knot craving strikes. These little guys even make a great party appetizer!
Other side dishes you might like
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Butterflake Rolls
- Green Bean Bundles
Garlic Knots with Parmesan
These easy garlic knots are smothered in butter, garlic, herbs and parmesan and are baked to golden brown perfection. An easy side dish for any meal!
- 1 11 ounce can breadsticks found in the refrigerated section
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley can also use 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
Open the can and separate the dough into 12 breadsticks. Tie each breadstick into a knot shape, tucking the ends underneath each roll.
In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and parmesan cheese. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter mixture for later use.
Brush the remaining butter mixture over the rolls.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with reserved butter mixture, then serve.
1. You can use biscuit dough instead of breadstick dough if you prefer.
2. If you're a big garlic fan, you can increase the amount of garlic powder to 3/4 teaspoon or substitute 1 teaspoon of fresh minced garlic.
3. I like to serve my garlic knots with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.