This sausage and pepper pasta is filled with grilled Italian sausage and colorful bell peppers, all served over pasta in a tomato sauce. The perfect hearty meal to feed a crowd!
Sausage and peppers is a classic flavor combination. When you add pasta to the mix, you have an easy dinner that’s great for entertaining or for a busy weeknight.
Father’s Day is quickly approaching, and we always have my family over for a special dinner. This year I’m serving this easy yet festive sausage and pepper pasta with grilled Italian sausage and plenty of sauteed peppers.
How do you make sausage and pepper pasta?
To make this recipe, you’ll need to grill some sausage. I put my pasta up to boil and cook the peppers at the same time I start cooking the sausage, that way everything is done at the same time.
I use my Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill to cook the sausage for this recipe. My dad loves sausage, so this year I’m gifting him his own Sizzling Sausage Grill for Father’s Day! The Sizzling Sausage Grill is super easy to use, and you get perfectly cooked sausages every time in less than 15 minutes. As long as you have an electrical outlet, you can use this grill, I love how portable it is.
The Sizzling Sausage Grill has an enclosed design, which means that the juices get sealed into the sausages, and the sausages are evenly cooked and browned. You can grill anywhere from 1-5 sausages at a time which makes this grill convenient for a single serving or for feeding a crowd.
You can use hot or sweet Italian sausage for this recipe. I used a combination of red, yellow and green bell peppers because it’s visually appealing, but feel free to use whichever colors of peppers that you have on hand.
Any short pasta will work for this recipe, such as penne, rigatoni or rotini. I serve my sausage and pepper pasta with garlic bread and a green salad for a complete meal that is perfecting for celebrating on Father’s Day.
The finishing touch on this pasta is a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Your dad will be thrilled to have this sausage and pepper pasta on Father’s Day, and he’ll be even more excited when you gift him with his very own Sizzling Sausage Grill. Order today to take advantage of the free shipping deal!
Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- 1 package Johnsonville Italian Sausage Links sweet or hot
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter divided use
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers any color you like
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespons chopped parsley.
- Cook the sausages in a Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill according to grill directions.
- Cut the sausages into slices.
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5-6 minuted or until peppers have softened and are lightly browned. Remove the peppers from the pan.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and onion to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato sauce.
- Arrange the sliced sausage and peppers over the pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley, then serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.