This slow cooker creamed corn is ultra delicious and topped with crispy bacon and chives. The BEST easy side dish!
This easy creamed corn recipe is slow cooked in a rich and creamy sauce, a classic that’s always on my holiday table. I take this crock pot dish one step further by adding smoky bacon and a sprinkling of fresh chives for a side dish that will earn you rave reviews!
When most people think of creamed corn, they think of the canned version. This slow cooker creamed corn is like ten million times better than anything you’d get in a can. It’s got corn cooked in a creamy sauce, which is great on its own. But when you add bacon and chives to the mix, it really makes this dish something special. This southern creamed corn is a must-have for the holidays, and it’s so very easy to make too!
How to make creamed corn
It’s probably no surprise to you that this recipe starts with corn. I use frozen corn, and you don’t even have to thaw it! Simply pour it into a slow cooker with some milk, seasonings, cream cheese and butter. Cook for a few hours and you’re ready to go! When you first take the lid off the slow cooker, the cream cheese may look a bit curdled. This is normal, all you need to do is stir the corn until the sauce comes together. If you feel like your creamed corn is too thick, you can always add a splash of milk to thin it out. If it’s too thin, simply cook, uncovered, on high for about 15 minutes or until thickened to your desired consistency. Add some bacon and chives and you’ve got an amazing side dish that doesn’t take up any space in the oven!
No one will guess that this slow cooker creamed corn is so easy to make; people will think you’ve spent hours in the kitchen! No one needs to know that this recipe only has 10 minutes of prep time, simply sit back, relax and let the compliments roll in!
More delicious sides
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Ambrosia Salad
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 2 lbs frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
- Place the corn, sugar and salt into a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Pour the milk into the slow cooker, then arrange the pieces of butter and cream cheese on top of the corn.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir the corn mixture until it comes together into a creamy sauce. Just keep stirring until it's smooth!
- Stir in the pepper.
- Top the creamed corn with bacon and chives and serve.