These Cuban sliders are potato buns piled high with meat, cheese and pickles, then brushed with garlic butter and baked to golden brown perfection. The perfect slider sandwich for parties, game day or as an easy dinner option.
Cuban sandwiches are popular for good reason – who doesn’t love melted cheese and meat on crusty bread? These baked Cuban sandwich sliders are even better than the original, and they also happen to be super easy to make!
One of my very favorite things to serve when I’m entertaining is slider sandwiches. They’re satisfying, easy to make, and they feed a crowd. These Cuban sliders are the ultimate slider sandwich in my opinion, everyone seems to love the ham and cheese combination. When you add light and fluffy potato rolls and a drizzle of garlic butter to the mix, you’ve got sandwich perfection! Looking for more great party snacks or game day ideas? Check out my lists of 30 Game Day Recipes and 45 Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes!
How to make cuban sliders
This recipe starts with Martin’s 12 Sliced Potato Rolls. They’re super fluffy, taste delicious and come conveniently pre-sliced to make sandwich making even easier. These rolls are perfect piled high with meats and cheese, or topped with a little peanut butter and jelly. We also like to toast them up with a little garlic butter for easy garlic bread, and they make a fabulous french toast!
The potato rolls get arranged on a sheet pan and are topped with layers of swiss cheese, ham and pickles.
After you’ve piled the rolls high with the sandwich fillings. the top of the rolls are added on and brushed with garlic butter.
The final step is to bake your Cuban sliders to golden brown perfection! I cover the sandwiches during the first 10 minutes so that they don’t get overly browned, then remove the foil for the end of the baking time so that the rolls can crisp up nicely. Add a little parsley and you’re ready to eat!
Mustard is a traditional component of Cuban sandwiches, and in this case I serve it on the side so that people can add as much or as little as they like.
Everyone always goes crazy over these sliders – they’re the first thing to go at any gathering! I especially love to serve them on game day, it’s the perfect handheld hearty snack.
Be sure to visit the Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread website for tons more recipe ideas that are perfect for entertaining and every day meals!
- 1 package Martin's 12 Sliced Potato Rolls
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 16 ounces deli ham thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced pickles
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- yellow mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take the tops off the rolls and arrange the bottom halves of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese over the bottom of the rolls.
- Add the ham on top of the cheese.
- Place the pickles on top of the top.
- Arrange the rest of the cheese over the pickles. Place the tops of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter and garlic powder. Brush the butter mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the sandwiches with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until sandwiches are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with mustard on the side.
This Cuban slider recipe is sponsored by Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!