These easy teriyaki meatballs are coated in a sweet and savory sauce that’s always a crowd pleaser. This recipe can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy nights!
I am so happy that summer has finally arrived! The kids and I were ready for a change in routine. We’re managing to keep as busy as ever with dance, swim, summer camp, outings, and plenty of time with friends. I often find myself looking for quick and easy dinner solutions to feed my family after a long day of fun in the sun. These teriyaki meatballs have become a family favorite and are constantly in our dinner rotation. Best of all, this meal is ready in no time which means it’s perfect for those busy days when you don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen!
How do you make teriyaki meatballs?
This recipe starts with the meatballs. I use Cooked Perfect® Meatballs which are located in the freezer section of my local grocery store. These meatballs are super convenient, I always keep a few bags in the freezer for easy appetizer and meal solutions. Cooked Perfect meatballs are made with select meats, real cheese and delicious herbs, then flame broiled which adds amazing flavor. I typically use the Homestyle meatballs for this recipe, but the Angus Beef and Turkey meatball varieties would also be great choices.
To make this meal in a flash, I start by preheating the oven and putting up a pot of rice to steam on the stove. The meatballs go into the oven and while they bake I whip up a 5 minute teriyaki sauce. After the meatballs are heated through, they get tossed in the sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and herbs, then served over the rice. Add a green veggie and you’ve got a meal that even your pickiest eaters will enjoy! These teriyaki meatballs also make a great appetizer, simply serve them on a platter with toothpicks and extra teriyaki sauce on the side for dipping. In fact, I often take this recipe in appetizer form to summer parties because it’s always such a big hit.
More than ever, in the summer I want to relax and not spend a lot of time in the kitchen. With Cooked Perfect meatballs always ready to go in my freezer, I know that I can put together a fantastic meal or appetizer on short notice, whether it’s for a large gathering or a small family dinner.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
More easy dinner options
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Pizza Stuffed Shells
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 1 bag Cooked Perfect Meatballs I use the Homestyle variety
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Bake the meatballs according to package directions.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, prepare the sauce.
- Place the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and sesame oil in a small pot over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.