These sweet and spicy buffalo shrimp are the perfect party appetizer, they’re the first snack to go at any gathering!
Ultra crispy shrimp tossed in an easy 3 ingredient buffalo sauce, how can you go wrong with that? I serve these buffalo shrimp at all of my holiday events, and everyone always asks me for the recipe!
When it comes to holiday entertaining, I’m all delicious yet super easy options. Let’s face it, when you’re having a party, the last thing you want is to be stuck in the kitchen all night while everyone else is having a good time! These buffalo shrimp are always a crowd pleaser, but take just 5 minutes of prep time. Pop your shrimp in the oven, whip up a quick sweet and spicy sauce, then serve! I like to add some carrots, celery and a creamy dip for a complete experience.
How to make buffalo shrimp
This recipe starts with Gorton’s Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp. They’re super delicious and convenient, I always keep a few boxes in my freezer. The shrimp go on a sheet pan and are baked to golden brown, crunchy perfection. While the shrimp are cooking, I whisk together buffalo style hot sauce, melted butter and honey.
When the shrimp come out of the oven, they look fantastic as is, but once they’re coated in the buffalo sauce, it’s a whole new flavor sensation.
When I eat buffalo sauced foods, I always want a creamy dip to temper the heat. These shrimp are not particularly spicy, but I still serve them with either ranch or blue cheese dressing. These buffalo shrimp are the perfect solution for holiday entertaining. I always keep the ingredients for this recipe on hand so that I can whip up a batch of shrimp at a moment’s notice.
As great as these shrimp are for an appetizer, they also make a quick and easy dinner option! Be sure to check out the Gorton’s website for more great holiday recipes that your friends and family are sure to love.
More delicious seafood recipes
- Sesame Shrimp
- Fajita Fish with Avocado Salsa
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Shrimp Kabobs
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- 2 9.2 ounce boxes Gorton's Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp
- 1/2 cup buffalo style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- for serving: carrots and celery, ranch or blue cheese dip
- Bake the shrimp according to package directions.
- While the shrimp are in the oven, prepare the buffalo sauce. Whisk together the hot sauce, butter and honey until smooth.
- After the shrimp come out of the oven, pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately with a side of carrots and/or celery and ranch or blue cheese dip.
This shrimp recipe is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!