Thank you to Barilla® Pasta, NatureRaised Farms, and Select by Calphalon™ for sponsoring this post.
This recipe for easy chicken spaghetti is crispy chicken with asparagus and wild mushrooms, all in a creamy sauce over spaghetti. A quick and easy dinner option that the whole family will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I am all about the quick and easy dinners these days, especially now that school is in session! We are waking up earlier than ever before, and by dinner time I am exhausted – the last thing I want to do is spend an hour in front of the stove! This easy chicken spaghetti from the Target website has become one of my go-to recipes. It’s crispy chicken, asparagus and wild mushrooms, all in a creamy sauce over spaghetti. Best of all, it’s simple to make and my whole family likes it.
I bought everything I needed to make this dish on one of my regular trips to Target. I grabbed some Barilla® Pasta, NatureRaised Farms chicken, veggies and a high quality prepared Alfredo sauce to get dinner on the table in no time. I also picked up some new cookware, mine has seen better days! The Select by Calphalon™ caught my eye, it’s high quality and reasonably priced.
Whenever I’m at Target, I stock up on kitchen essentials to ensure that I always have the ingredients I need on hand to put together a fast yet satisfying dinner. I always buy Barilla® Pasta, for this dish I used the gluten free spaghetti variety, but you can use regular spaghetti if you prefer. When I’m in the freezer area, I buy a bag of NatureRaised Farms chicken to have for a quick and easy protein option. I love that NatureRaised Farms chicken is made with 100% natural ingredients, does not contain antibiotics or hormones and is certified by third party animal welfare agencies.
This recipe starts with the pasta. I put my pasta up to boil and then make the rest of the recipe while the pasta is cooking. I heat up my chicken in one pan and cook my veggies in another. I love the combination of asparagus and wild mushrooms in this dish. You can use any variety of wild mushroom that you like, I typically use shiitake. Looking for a way to make prep time go even quicker? Use an egg slicing tool to cut your mushrooms in seconds! I also save time by preparing my veggies in advance. I cut, clean and slice my vegetables earlier in the day or the night before to save on time later.
When I’m stumped on what to make for dinner, I always check the Target recipe site. They’ve got a lot of great ideas for everything from easy dinners to fun snacks and desserts.
Dinner time doesn’t have to be complicated – I’m finding that it really is possible to have a hearty yet wholesome meal that’s quick on time but big on flavor. This easy chicken spaghetti has found a permanent place in our regular meal rotation, I’m thrilled to have found a recipe that my entire family enjoys.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti
This recipe for easy chicken spaghetti is crispy chicken with asparagus and wild mushrooms, all in a creamy sauce over spaghetti. A quick and easy dinner option that the whole family will love! This recipe was provided by Target.
- 3 Calphalon® Pans: one saucepan & two skillets one large and one small
- 1 package Barilla® Spaghetti pasta
- 4 NatureRaised Farms® Southern Style Crispy Chicken Breast Portions
- 1 Tablespoon garlic-pepper seasoning blend
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus fresh, sliced, blanched
- ½ cup wild mushrooms (such as shiitake porcini or chanterelle), cleaned, &
- 8 ounces Alfredo sauce
- In Calphalon saucepan, boil water in order to cook Barilla® linguine pasta, once boiling add pasta & boil for 6-7 minutes. Then strain & set aside.
- In Calphalon skillet, heat NatureRaised Farms® Southern-Style Crispy Chicken Strips according to package instructions. Once cooked, slice cooked strips diagonally & season with garlic pepper.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in small Calphalon skillet over medium heat and add asparagus, & mushrooms. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Add Alfredo sauce to small skillet; simmer over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes then combine with pasta with asparagus mixture.
- Serve pasta on plate and top with chicken strip portions.