This shop has been compensated by Albertsons. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayMVP #Safeway #CollectiveBias
This buffalo ranch chicken dip is a quick and easy appetizer that’s perfect for snacking on while watching the Big Game!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
It’s almost that time again – time for the Big Game! Watching the game has become a father-daughter tradition in my house. The girls spend quality time with their dad and I keep the snacks coming, because football food is as fun as the actual game itself. I pick up all of my game day party food at Safeway, including the ingredients to make this creamy and spicy buffalo ranch chicken dip.
This dip recipe was provided to me by Albertsons and it has quickly become a family favorite! It’s super easy to put together and contains just 5 ingredients. You can find all of the ingredients at Safeway.
- Rotisserie chicken – in the deli section
- Cream cheese – in the dairy aisle
- Greek yogurt – in the dairy aisle
- Dry ranch dressing mix – in the salad dressing aisle
- Hot sauce – in the condiment aisle
Of course no game day spread is complete without a wide variety of snacks and drinks. I also picked up some Pepsi, Tostitos Scoops and Skittles to round out our snack table.
For me, part of the fun of game day is coming up with a unique way to showcase the snacks. In this particular case I did a party table complete with chocolate football lollipops.
The chocolate football lollipops were so easy to make – I purchased a football candy mold at the craft store, then filled it with dark cocoa candy melts. After the chocolate hardened I used a piping bag to draw on the football laces. I put the treats in a small flower pot that had a chunk of floral foam in the bottom to hold the lollipops in place.
I served my Skittles in cupcake wrappers that had a football design on them for a festive touch.
The buffalo chicken dip stole the show, but all of the snacks were most appreciated by my family and friends.
I love going to Safeway for my game day grocery list because they always have everything I need to make a delicious array of snacks for my parties. You can check out the Safeway website to learn more about their game day food picks, find recipes and even enter a giveaway to win $50,000 or 1 of 50 NFLShop.com gift cards. You can also check out the Safeway Pinterest board for recipe inspiration.
So tell me, are you excited about the Big Game? And more importantly, what’s your favorite football snack?
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s®
- 1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt such as Fage®
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, ranch packet, hot sauce, and Greek yogurt until well combined. (If the cream cheese is hard to mix, microwave it for a few seconds and try again).
- Add in the shredded chicken and combine well. Pour mixture into an 8x8 baking dish, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until dip is hot throughout. If desired, top with sliced green onions or crumbled blue cheese and serve hot!
● leftovers are just as good and reheat beautifully!
● can be made ahead and cooked right before company arrives
● scale the heat based on what you and your guests prefer
● serve with celery sticks, bell pepper wedges, cauliflower, sliced cucumbers, and chips