This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
This pineapple coconut smoothie recipe is a tropical fruit delight that’s both healthy and refreshing.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
We have been on a major smoothie kick over here – my girls have been asking for one every day lately. I’m totally fine with their smoothie obsession because smoothies are an awesome way to get fruit into them and make a healthy snack or breakfast option. Our current favorite is this pineapple coconut smoothie – the tropical flavors almost make me feel like I’m on a beach instead of at home in the never ending rain.
The other thing I love about this smoothie is that it only has 4 ingredients, all of which I typically keep in the house. It’s a simple combination of banana, frozen pineapple, shredded coconut and almondmilk. I use Almond Breeze Almondmilk in these pineapple coconut smoothies. You can use either the original or coconutmilk blend varieties. I’ve tested it both ways and either will turn out great, but I do prefer the coconut blend in this drink.
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler – just put the ingredients in the blender, turn it on and in less than 3 minutes you’ve got a refreshing and healthy treat. I added some garnishes to up the fun factor like lime and pineapple wedges, mint sprigs and sugar rimmed glasses but that’s completely optional.
Whether it’s raining and dreary outside or a hot and sunny day, this pineapple coconut smoothie recipe is sure to please. It also happens to be vegan, dairy free and gluten free which means everyone can enjoy it. So what are you waiting for? Grab your blender and make this drink today!
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- 1 cup of Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend or Original variety
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Garnishes optional
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 pineapple wedges
- coarse sugar
- Place the almondmilk, banana, pineapple and coconut in a blender; blend until completely smooth. Serve as is or garnish as follows.
- For optional garnishes, dip the rim of 2 glasses into water and then into a plate of coarse sugar. Pour the smoothie into the glasses and place a mint sprig into each glass. Place a wedge of pineapple and lime onto the rims of the cups.