These Oreo cookies and cream bars are a chewy brown sugar blondie base loaded with white and dark chocolate and plenty of Oreo cookies. It’s a quick and easy dessert that’s sure to please any crowd.
Love Oreos? Then you’ll adore these decadent and delicious cookies and cream bars!
I am a major fan of the bar cookie. It’s not that I have anything against round cookies, but it is a little more time consuming because you have to roll so many balls of dough and bake multiple batches. Sometimes I’m baking with the kids and we’re in no hurry and have plenty of time to sit and portion out tablespoons of cookie dough evenly spaced on the pans. But my older girls are just 3 years old, and after about a dozen cookies they lose interest or more dough ends up in their mouth than on the pan. Or sometimes we just don’t have a ton of time and I want to whip something up quickly. That’s when I turn to desserts like these Oreo cookies and cream bars.
Bar cookies are pretty great on their own but they turn into something sublime when you add Oreos and two kinds of chocolate.
How do you make cookies and cream bars?
This is a pretty standard brown sugar based cookie bar with the addition of the cookies and chocolate. I prefer to use a combo of chocolate chips and chunks because I like the different textures and I think it’s more visually appealing. But if you want to use just chips or just chunks that’s totally fine too. My only caveat is that you should look for white chocolate where the main ingredient is cocoa butter; so many brands of white chocolate these days are full of palm oil and it’s just not the same.
What did my kids think of these Oreo cookies and cream bars? They loved them of course! The adults loved them too. I served these bars cut into small squares at the end of a big meal and it was just the right bite to satiate everyone’s appetite for something sweet. They would also make a decadent afternoon snack. In the off chance that you have leftovers, they freeze well too. But you probably won’t have leftovers. Unless you have a ton of self control.
More dessert recipes you’ll love
Oreo Cookies and Cream Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies divided
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving excess on the sides to lift the bars out later. Spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Be careful to not overmix.
- Fold in half of the oreos, white chocolate and semisweet chocolate with a spatula.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press into an even layer
- Sprinkle the remaining oreos and chocolates over the top of the dough.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. I tested these with a metal pan, if you use a glass pan it may take 5 minutes longer to bake.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the bars cool completely in the pan. Use the parchment overhang to lift the bars out and cut into squares for serving.