This crispy sesame shrimp is coated in a delicious Asian-style sauce. Serve it over rice for the perfect easy weeknight meal!
I am always looking for new ways to incorporate seafood into my family’s diet. My kids love popcorn shrimp, so I took their favorite shrimp and tossed them in an Asian sauce to create sesame shrimp! These sesame shrimp are perfect served over rice as a main course, or you can even put out a plate with toothpicks and have them as an appetizer. Regardless of how you serve it, this dish is sure to be a hit.
How To Make Sesame Shrimp
This sesame shrimp recipe starts with Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp. This shrimp is light, crispy and ready in minutes. While the shrimp is in the oven, I make the sauce and put up a pot of rice to boil. I love how quickly I can get this meal on the table!
How could you resist a pan of these golden brown shrimp? They get even better when tossed in a honey garlic sesame sauce, which takes just 5 minutes to put together.
After the shrimp comes out of the oven, simply toss it in the sauce, top with some sesame seeds and green onions, and serve. This sesame shrimp is best served immediately after it’s prepared.
This recipe is super flavorful and tastes like something you’d get at a Chinese restaurant. There’s no need to pick up the phone and call for take out when you can make a restaurant quality meal at home. I like to serve this sesame shrimp with a green veggie like steamed broccoli.
I always keep a box of Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp in the freezer for days when I know I’m going to need a super quick and easy dinner. It’s a great way to do seafood without spending hours in the kitchen!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 14 ounce box Gorton's Popcorn Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- Bake the popcorn shrimp according to package directions.
- While the shrimp are in the oven, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, honey and sesame oil; bring to a simmer.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water, stir until smooth. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce, whisking constantly. Bring the sauce to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or until just thickened.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven. Drizzle the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and green onions on top of the shrimp and serve.
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!