Turkey alfredo pizza with bacon, tomatoes and artichokes all on golden brown dough.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
My girls eat a lot of sandwiches at lunch time. Each day they typically request either an almond butter and jelly sandwich or a turkey sandwich. I am always reading labels at the grocery store and I try to buy the most natural products possible. For their almond butter and jelly sandwiches I buy all natural no sugar added almond butter and jam that doesn’t contain corn syrup. For their turkey sandwiches I look for lunchmeat without artificial preservatives and was happy to discover that Foster Farms now offers an All Natural Sliced Turkey – made naturally with 100% turkey breast and no chemicals, preservatives, artificial ingredients, colors or added nitrates/nitrites. I decided to combine two of my girls’ favorite things to create a dinner that I knew they would love: turkey and pizza! This turkey alfredo pizza was a hit with both the kids and the adults in our house.
We do a lot of pizza around here for dinner – homemade pizza is so much healthier and cheaper than store bought and it’s easy to customize it to everyone’s tastes.
I decided to keep it simple and I started with store bought pizza dough for this recipe. I spread a layer of light alfredo sauce over the pizza dough and added some mozzarella cheese. For pizza toppings I went with artichokes, bacon and Foster Farms Slow Oven Roasted Turkey Breast.
After a quick trip to a very hot oven the pizza was ready to eat. I added diced tomatoes at the very end after the pizza was cooked for some added fresh flavor. This is a quick and easy meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes, you can’t beat that!
My kids loved this pizza, which made me happy because it was a great way to get more protein into them. Each serving of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey has 11 grams of protein, which is a big deal when you’ve got picky eaters in the house.
We regularly buy both the Slow Oven Roasted and Honey Roasted & Smoked flavor varieties. If you’d like to try this turkey you can download a coupon for $1 off your purchase here. Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey is currently available in California and in the Pacific Northwest. For more information about Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey visit thebestturkey.com.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey
Turkey Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pound of pizza dough
- 1/2 cup light alfredo sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices Foster Farms Slow Oven Roasted Turkey Breast cut into strips
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup canned or jarred artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or basil finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a round pizza pan or sheet pan with cooking spray. Stretch the dough into either a round or rectangle to fill whichever pan you're using. Spread the alfredo sauce over the dough and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Place the turkey, bacon, and artichokes on top of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the tomatoes and parsley or basil. Serve immediately.