This chicken Alfredo pizza is a golden brown crust topped with creamy sauce, plenty of melted cheese, chicken, crispy bacon and fresh tomatoes. A unique twist on the classic pizza recipe that’s sure to get rave reviews!
My family loves anything that involves chicken and Alfredo sauce, from creamy dips to cheesy pastas, and of course, this easy and delicious pizza option.
I make homemade pizza once a week for dinner – it’s quick, easy, tastes so much better than store bought, and my kids love it! This chicken Alfredo pizza features a creamy white sauce base with chunks of chicken, crispy bacon and a sprinkling of fresh tomatoes and parsley. Pizza night will never be boring again!
How do you make chicken alfredo pizza?
This recipe starts with pre-made pizza dough. If you have the time, you can make your own dough, but I often just buy a ball or can of dough from the grocery store. The dough is topped with a layer of Alfredo sauce, plenty of shredded cheese, cooked chicken and bacon. After the pizza comes out of the oven, the finishing touch is diced tomatoes and parsley. Cut your pizza into slices, serve and enjoy!
Tips for chicken alfredo pizza
- You can use any type of cooked chicken you have on hand, such as cubed roasted chicken, shredded chicken, or even store bought rotisserie chicken.
- I prefer to use freshly grated mozzarella cheese for my pizza. The pre-shredded cheese that comes in a bag at the grocery store often contains anti caking agents and doesn’t melt as well as freshly shredded cheese.
- I use refrigerated pre-made Alfredo sauce as I think it has a fresher flavor than the jarred variety.
- To reheat any leftover pizza, cook it in a toaster oven for about 5 minutes or until the crust is crispy.
Alfredo pizza variations
You can add all different types of toppings to your pizza to customize it to your tastes.
- Protein: Instead of chicken, try diced ham or shrimp.
- Vegetables: Try adding sauteed mushrooms, cooked spinach, olives or marinated artichokes.
- Cheese: Instead of mozzarella cheese, try a blend of cheeses such as fontina, asiago, parmesan and white cheddar.
What temperature do you cook homemade pizza?
When it comes to pizza, the hotter the oven, the better. A super hot oven will help to crisp up the crust and turn the cheese golden brown. I cook my pizza at 450 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until the crust is deep golden brown and the cheesy is bubbly.
You simply cannot go wrong with this pizza – if you love chicken Alfredo, you’ll be sure to love this fun and unexpected recipe.
More great Italian recipes
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken cut 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Coat a 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray, and stretch the dough to fit into the pan.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce over the dough and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Place the chicken and bacon on top of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the tomatoes and parsley. Serve immediately.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible! This post was originally published on September 13, 2015 and was updated on September 3, 2019 with new content.
Great combo of flavors! We loved it!
Seriously this is brilliant the best of both worlds on a pizza omg !
We are always looking for new ways to enjoy pizza and this looks delicious. I can’t wait to try it.
My daughter hates tomato, so when we make homemade pizza she normally just has garlic butter and cheese, which is a bit boring!
This sounds like a much better idea to do a cheesy pizza base for her with the chicken and bacon! (without he tomatoes on top of course!)
In fact, I think I will prefer it to normal pizza too!
Chicken and bacon on pizza? Sounds amazing, looking forward to making it.
oh my gosh! My favorite pasta in pizza form, yes please! Making this tomorrow, can’t wait.
Love this! My husband and I are avoiding starches so I double and pile the toppings on portobello mushrooms for us and our kids eat the pizza version! Everyone’s happy. Easy & delicious. I’ve been frequenting your site more & more! Thanks for the family friendly recipes.