This one pot chicken with creamy spinach artichoke pasta is made with seared chicken breasts, orzo pasta, fresh spinach, artichokes and plenty of cheese. It’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner with less dishes to do at the end!
If you love spinach and artichoke dip, you’ll adore this simple yet satisfying chicken meal!
Here I am, back with another one pot meal! My inspiration for this one is the classic and oh so delicious spinach artichoke dip. I mean, who doesn’t want to eat chips and dip for dinner once in a while? This one pot chicken with creamy spinach artichoke pasta tastes a lot like the dip, but it’s not as rich, making this a perfect dinner for a busy weeknight.
How do you make chicken with spinach and artichoke pasta?
This is really so simple to make. The chicken breasts are seared to a golden brown and then baked in the oven with orzo pasta. Delicate vegetables like spinach and artichokes don’t hold up well to long cooking times . To get around that issue, 5 minutes before the dish is done the veggies, along with some cream cheese, parmesan and mozzarella are stirred in. The end result is a creamy, cheesy dish that’s a complete meal.
Are you craving some of this cheesy goodness right now? I sure am even though it’s early in the morning.The whole family is going to love this one, mine sure did – this is so good that even the kids didn’t mind the vegetables in the orzo!
More easy chicken dinners
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Mango Chicken
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
One Pot Chicken with Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1/2 thick. If your chicken breasts are thicker you can cut them in half lengthwise.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces dry orzo pasta
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of canned or frozen artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley and lemon wedges for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium high. Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken in the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is a deep golden brown.
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 3-5 minutes until that side is browned.
- Add the orzo and chicken broth to the pan, along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Put a lid on the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover the plan and place the chicken breasts on a plate. Add 1/4 cup of water to the cooked orzo along with the cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan spinach and artichokes. Stir gently until combined. Place the chicken breasts on top of the orzo and put the pan, uncovered, back into the oven. Bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and lemon wedges (optional) and serve immediately.