This light and fluffy pumpkin dip is made with pumpkin puree, warm spices, cream cheese and whipped topping. It’s the perfect dessert or appetizer for any fall gathering and takes just 5 minutes to make.
Pumpkin dip is the latest recipe in my collection of pumpkin treats – be sure to try my pumpkin gooey butter cake and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies if you haven’t already! This creamy dip is perfect served with graham crackers, apples and other sweet dippers.
There’s just something fun about a dessert dip, especially when it’s fall themed like this fluffy pumpkin dip. You can whip up this dip in about 5 minutes, and it makes the perfect addition to a pumpkin carving party, Thanksgiving menu or just for when you want a taste of pumpkin pie without having to turn on the oven.
How do you make pumpkin dip?
This dip starts with cream cheese and sugar, which are mixed together until light and fluffy. Pumpkin puree and spices are added to the dip, then the whole thing is combined with whipped topping for a unique sweet treat.
Tips for Pumpkin Dip
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has extra ingredients added to it, and you won’t get the same results.
- Your cream cheese should be at room temperature so that it will beat up nice and fluffy and not make for a lumpy dip.
- Don’t have pumpkin pie spice? Use cinnamon with a dash of nutmeg and ground ginger instead.
- Don’t like whipped topping? You can use an equal amount of freshly whipped cream instead.
- This dip can be made up to one day before you plan to serve it. Store it covered in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin dip goes great with a variety of dippers. My favorite is apple slices, but I also have been known to serve this dip with a whole assortment of options.
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
Garnishes for your dip
I like to garnish my dip with a few fall sprinkles for a touch of color. If you’re making this dip in advance, don’t add the sprinkles until right before you serve it, because the sprinkles may lose their color and bleed into the dip. If you don’t have sprinkles, you can simply omit them, or try a different topping such as
- Chopped pecans
- Cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- Toffee bits
- Dollop of whipped cream
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Miniature chocolate chips
I serve this dip every fall and people always ask me for the recipe. It tastes just like pumpkin pie except it’s not nearly as dense as what you’d find in an actual pie. You can even serve it inside a hollowed out pumpkin for a super fun presentation!
More sweet treats for fall
Pumpkin Dip Video
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whipped topping thawed
- apples, graham crackers and cookies for dipping
- sprinkles for garnish optional
- Place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, then beat until combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping with a spatula. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with sprinkles if desired, then serve.
This post was originally published on October 1, 2018 and was updated on September 19, 2019 with new content.