This light and fluffy pumpkin dip is made with pumpkin puree, warm spices, cream cheese and whipped topping. It’s the perfect dessert or appetizer for any fall gathering and takes just 5 minutes to make.
Pumpkin dip is the latest recipe in my collection of pumpkin treats – be sure to try my pumpkin gooey butter cake and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies if you haven’t already! This creamy dip is perfect served with graham crackers, apples and other sweet dippers.
There’s just something fun about a dessert dip, especially when it’s fall themed like this fluffy pumpkin dip. You can whip up this dip in about 5 minutes, and it makes the perfect addition to a pumpkin carving party, Thanksgiving menu or just for when you want a taste of pumpkin pie without having to turn on the oven.
How do you make pumpkin dip?
This dip starts with cream cheese and sugar, which are mixed together until light and fluffy. Pumpkin puree and spices are added to the dip, then the whole thing is combined with whipped topping for a unique sweet treat.
Tips for Pumpkin Dip
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has extra ingredients added to it, and you won’t get the same results.
- Your cream cheese should be at room temperature so that it will beat up nice and fluffy and not make for a lumpy dip.
- Don’t have pumpkin pie spice? Use cinnamon with a dash of nutmeg and ground ginger instead.
- Don’t like whipped topping? You can use an equal amount of freshly whipped cream instead.
- This dip can be made up to one day before you plan to serve it. Store it covered in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin dip goes great with a variety of dippers. My favorite is apple slices, but I also have been known to serve this dip with a whole assortment of options.
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
Garnishes for your dip
I like to garnish my dip with a few fall sprinkles for a touch of color. If you’re making this dip in advance, don’t add the sprinkles until right before you serve it, because the sprinkles may lose their color and bleed into the dip. If you don’t have sprinkles, you can simply omit them, or try a different topping such as
- Chopped pecans
- Cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- Toffee bits
- Dollop of whipped cream
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Miniature chocolate chips
I serve this dip every fall and people always ask me for the recipe. It tastes just like pumpkin pie except it’s not nearly as dense as what you’d find in an actual pie. You can even serve it inside a hollowed out pumpkin for a super fun presentation!
More sweet treats for fall
Pumpkin Dip Video
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whipped topping thawed
- apples, graham crackers and cookies for dipping
- sprinkles for garnish optional
- Place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, then beat until combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping with a spatula. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with sprinkles if desired, then serve.
This post was originally published on October 1, 2018 and was updated on September 19, 2019 with new content.
Cheesy pumpkin sorta like a cheesecake dip… we loved it!
I think this looks awesome! Such a fun and tasty-looking dip! Must try!
Any idea how to make it without cream cheese? Could it still work; but be less thick, perhaps? Add more whipped cream to compensate? Or do you think it wouldn’t even be worth it.
All your pumpkin recipes are getting me excited for Autumn to come….
I think you could use more whipped cream or else marshmallow cream. If you use marshmallow be sure to cut down the amount of sugar!
Such a fun dip for fall! I love the colorful leaf sprinkles on top! So perfect for pairing with graham crackers.
This is such a fun idea! I just love Fall related treats. 😀 I definitely will be trying this recipe out!
I love all things pumpkin. Adding this wonderful recipe to my “to do list”. Thanks!
So creamy and so good, perfect for parties and entertaining!
What a great recipe. Love the color and the texture!
This makes my mouth water! Can’t wait to try it!
This looks super yummy and perfect for the fall! I love pumpkin everything.!
I have a strong feeling that this tastes like a cross between pumpkin and apple pie and I am totally here for it. I can’t wait to try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
This looks so good! I definite must have for all the pumpkin lovers of the season. I’ll have to try this out this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
There are so many great ways to eat this too. What an awesome recipe idea!
I wish I had some to try out right now! This is a killer recipe Sara!
This is a must try for sure! Pumpkin dip just sounds delicious.
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! I am totally making it!
You had me at cream cheese! And those sweet sprinkles. I am a HUGE fan of sweet dips like this (which is why I rarely make them, because I have NEGATIVE zero self control and the world’s biggest sweet tooth). Might definitely have to try this one out!
That looks awesome. We always have canned pumpkin at home for so many recipe options. Totally are going to try this.