This prosciutto wrapped asparagus is an easy 4 ingredient recipe that’s the perfect addition to any appetizer platter. Fresh asparagus stalks are wrapped in prosciutto slices and broiled to perfection.
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus looks like a fancy snack offering, but it takes just minutes to put together. It’s my go-to recipe for easy entertaining.
This post is sponsored by Q Squared NYC. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
I love to entertain, but with 3 kids aged five and under, I don’t always have a lot of time to put together something fancy. One of my favorite easy party snacks is this prosciutto wrapped asparagus- it looks elegant but it’s quick and simple to make, and it’s the perfect addition to a cheese plate or appetizer tray.
How do you make prosciutto wrapped asparagus?
To make this recipe, you’ll need fresh asparagus stalks, prosciutto, olive oil and black pepper. That’s it! The prosciutto is wrapped around the asparagus and broiled until the asparagus is tender and prosciutto is crispy.
It’s best to use medium sized asparagus stalks for this recipe. The really thin ones won’t hold up to broiling and if you use thick asparagus it may not cook all the way through before the prosciutto is done.
To make a perfect party entertaining platter, I fill up some bowls with marinated olives and hummus, then scatter a variety of cheeses and snack items around the platter. Of course I add a generous serving of asparagus, but other great additions are nuts, fruit, raw veggies, crackers and sliced baguette.
You won’t believe just how easy this asparagus is to make. It even makes a great side dish for a special occasion, like Thanksgiving. You can wrap one stalk in prosciutto or make bundles out of a few stalks for a fun and unique presentation.
More asparagus recipes you’ll love
- Asparagus Foil Packets
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Lemon Asparagus Pasta
- Salmon Asparagus Foil Packets
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 12 stalks fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto very thinly sliced
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat evenly.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half cross wise. Wrap the pieces of prosciutto around each stalk of asparagus.
- Season the asparagus to taste with black pepper.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes on each side until asparagus is cooked though and prosciutto is crispy on the edges. Serve immediately.