This honey garlic salmon is salmon fillets seared to perfection and coated in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce. The perfect easy and healthy dinner for a busy weeknight!
Tender salmon is smothered in a 5 minute sauce made from garlic, honey and soy sauce for a unique yet delicious meal that the whole family will love.
First came honey garlic chicken, which has been pinned over 900,000 times! Then came honey garlic shrimp which is just as fabulous as the chicken version. And now I’m bringing you a new version of this favorite with honey garlic salmon. The 4 ingredient sauce just makes this dish special, and is such a great way to dress up plain salmon.
How to make honey garlic salmon
This recipe starts with salmon fillets. I like to use fresh salmon, but if you don’t have access to fresh salmon, you can use frozen fillets that have been thawed and patted dry. The fish is seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked in a hot pan until golden brown.
After the salmon is cooked through, it comes out of the pan and goes onto a plate while you make the sauce. The sauce is a simple combination of soy sauce, honey, garlic and corn starch. After the sauce has thickened, you simply add the salmon back to the pan, spoon the sauce over the top, then enjoy!
I typically serve this honey garlic salmon over steamed rice because of all the Asian flavors going on. You could also use brown rice, or even quinoa would be nice! Add a green veggie and you’ve got a complete meal that’s fresh, healthy and totally satisfying.
If you’re looking for a little bit different take on salmon, you’re going to love this recipe!
More great salmon recipes
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon skin side up in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, soy sauce and honey to the pan; bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until sauce has just thickened.
- Return the salmon to the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.