These mini pizzas are crescent roll dough topped with sauce, cheese and toppings, then baked to golden brown perfection. A bite sized version of pizza that makes for a fun and unique appetizer.
Whenever I ask my kids what they want for dinner, someone always responds by requesting pizza. These mini pizzas are a fun twist on the classic dish, and are great for snack time, parties or just to satisfy a pizza craving.
How do you make mini pizzas?
This recipe starts with a sheet of crescent roll dough. Lay the dough out on a flat surface, then cut circles out of the dough to make pizza crusts. Press each crust into the well of a muffin tin, then add pizza sauce, cheese and mini pepperoni on top. Bake until the pizzas are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Add a sprinkle of parsley on top, then serve and enjoy.
Tips for the perfect pizzas
- Use a cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass to cut your pizza crust circles out of the crescent dough.
- No crescent dough on hand? Feel free to use biscuit dough or pizza dough instead. You can also use flour tortillas for a thinner crust.
- Be sure to purchase a crescent dough sheet, not the actual rolls. The dough for rolls comes pre-cut into triangles and it will be hard to cut out circles.
- I recommend shredding your own cheese for this recipe. The pre-shredded cheese in bags at the grocery store is often coated with anti caking agents and doesn’t melt smoothly.
- These mini pizzas are best served immediately. If you have leftover pizzas, you can store them in the fridge, then put them in the oven or toaster oven to crisp them back up.
- Mini pizzas can be frozen for up to 2 months. Heat the pizzas from frozen in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Get creative by using different types of cheese such as cheddar, provolone or Monterey Jack. You can also swap out the pizza sauce for other options such as basil pesto or Alfredo sauce.
Mini pizza toppings
I typically top these pizzas with mini pepperoni, because that’s what my kids like. That being said, you can really add any toppings that you like. Make sure to cook vegetables first before you add them as toppings. Finely diced the toppings so that they will fit onto the pizzas.
- Italian Sausage
- Bell Peppers
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
How long do mini pizzas take to cook?
Mini pizzas take about 8-10 minutes to cook at 400 degrees F. The pizzas are done when the crust turns golden brown and crisp, and the cheese is nicely melted.
You can never go wrong with pizza, especially when it comes in a small, bite sized package. Make these mini pizzas today and watch the rave reviews come in!
More pizza delights
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pizza Stuffed Shells
- Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Pizza Muffins
Mini Pizzas Video
- 2 tubes crescent sheet dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce homemade or store bought
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat the cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent roll sheets and cut out 12 3-inch circles.
- Press one circle of dough into each of the muffin pan wells.
- Spoon the sauce evenly among the muffin cups and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.