This recipe for pork tenderloin tacos is thinly sliced seasoned pork, layered with cabbage, corn salsa and creamy avocado sauce, all tucked inside warm flour tortillas. A unique take on taco night!
I make a lot of tacos around here, mostly because they’re pretty simple to put together and my kids love them. I primarily do chicken or shrimp tacos, but this time I decided to change it up a bit with these pork tenderloin tacos. The pork is roasted and sliced, then stuffed into flour tortillas with plenty of flavorful toppings.
No taco is complete without salsa, and this time around I went with a super simple corn salsa, reminiscent of what you’d find at a certain burrito chain restaurant. The salsa takes all of about 5 minutes to put together and can even be made in advance. I used frozen corn here, but fresh corn would be even better when it’s in season.
While the tender and flavorful meat goes great with the corn salsa, I think my favorite part about these pork tenderloin tacos is the creamy avocado sauce. It’s almost like a pourable guacamole! My kids were extremely skeptical when they saw the green sauce, but after I coaxed them to try it, they loved the sauce!
These pork tenderloin tacos are most definitely going on our regular taco night rotation. They’re unique, easy to make, ready in just over 30 minutes and packed with flavor – how could you ask for more?!
Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Corn Salsa
- 1 pork tenderloin (roughly 1 and 1/4 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels , fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno , seeded (remove veins for less heat)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared green salsa
- 8 taco sized flour or corn tortillas
- Optional: Cilantro leaves and lime wedges for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Place the pork in the pan and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Place the pan of pork into the oven and cook for 8 minutes or until desired level of doneness.
- Let the pork rest for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- For the corn salsa: mix together the corn kernels, cilantro, lime, red onion and jalapeno. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the avocado sauce: Place the avocado, sour cream and green salsa in a food processor; process until smooth. Add water, one teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reaches. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble: Warm the tortillas. Divide the cabbage and pork evenly among the tortillas. Spoon on the avocado sauce and corn salsa. Garnish with cilantro leaves or lime wedges if desired. Serve immediately.