This warm pizza dip is loaded with cheese, pepperoni and a variety of toppings, all baked to gooey perfection. The perfect easy appetizer for parties!
This dip is like a supreme pizza without the crust, it’s quick to make and is always the first party snack to get eaten! Serve it with baguette slices and breadsticks for a unique offering that will have everyone asking you for the recipe.
Pizza is pretty much a universal party food – it’s at every birthday party, game day gathering and any other occasion where you’re feeding a crowd. This fully loaded pizza dip is a fun take on the classic pizza, in fact, I might even like it better than real pizza!
How do you make pizza dip?
This pizza dip actually starts with cream cheese rather than a bread crust. The cream cheese is seasoned with Italian seasonings and garlic, then spread into the bottom of a skillet or baking dish.
After the cream cheese comes the pizza sauce. You can use your favorite store bought variety, or a nice marinara sauce works really well too.
Finally comes the best part – the cheese and the toppings! I use freshly grated mozzarella cheese, although you could do a blend of Italian cheeses if you prefer. Pepperoni is a classic pizza topping, and I use the miniature pepperoni because they’re easier to scoop up. I also add some finely diced green pepper and sliced olives to the mix.
You can actually use any pizza toppings you like here – other great options are cooked crumbled sausage and mushrooms. Just be aware that veggies that release a lot of water (ie mushrooms, spinach, zucchini) should be pre-cooked before you add them to your dip so that the end result is not watery.
I like to serve my pizza dip with toasted baguette slices (crostini), which you can make yourself or buy pre-made in your grocery store’s deli or bakery department. I also serve breadsticks, but other great options would be fresh bread slices, crackers or pretzel chips.
This pizza dip should be served immediately as the cheese layer will harden as it cools. It gets eaten so quickly at my house that we never have to worry about hardened cheese!
More great appetizers
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 6 or 8 inch baking dish or skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and arrange the pepperoni, olives and bell pepper on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- This dip can be prepared up to 4 hours before you plan to serve it. Store it covered in the fridge, then bake according to directions. You may need to add 5 minutes to the baking time.