These funfetti cookies are made with the help of a cake mix! Cover them in rainbow sprinkles and watch the compliments roll in, they’re always a huge hit with the kids.
Who can resist a great sprinkle cookie? These funfetti cake mix cookies come together in just minutes and taste as pretty as they look.
Sometimes you need a sweet treat, but you don’t want to end up with a 2 hour baking project or a sink full of dirty dishes. These bright and colorful funfetti cookiesstart with a box of came mix, which makes them the perfect quick and easy dessert option!
How to make funfetti cookies
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make funfetti cookies: cake mix, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and sprinkles. That’s it! A box of white cake mix is mixed with the oil, egg and vanilla to form a thick batter, then a whole bunch of sprinkles are stirred in.
I believe there’s no such thing as too many sprinkles, so the balls of cookie dough are rolled in a second coating of sprinkles before they hit the oven.
You can use any kind of sprinkle you like here. During the holidays, I use Christmas sprinkles, or you could use pastel sprinkles for Easter or red white and blue for 4th of July. The possibilities are endless!
The final result is a soft and chewy cookie that’s delicious and fun to eat. Kids gravitate towards these cookies! I brought these cookies to a party last month and they were the first thing to go.
I try to always keep the ingredients for cake mix cookies in my pantry, you just never know when you’ll need a quick treat!
More easy dessert recipes
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
- Avalanche Cookies
- Microwave Caramels
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 18.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sprinkles divided use
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the sprinkles.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of sprinkles onto a plate. Roll the balls of dough around in the sprinkles to coat.
- Place the balls of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. You will need to work in batches.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Cool, then remove from the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough. Serve immediately, or store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- You can really use any flavor of cake mix here to switch up the flavor a bit - yellow and chocolate cake mixes are nice options!
- I coat a tablespoon in cooking spray, then scoop balls of dough out of the bowl. It's easier to roll them that way, no sticking to your hands!
Super easy and taste very good
Used yellow cake mix and instead of sprinkles I used mini Reese’s Pieces … San Francisco Giants colors. Go Giants!!
Will be making more and do the sprinkles for Grandkids.
how would you make these GFand Vegan?? Thanks in advance!
You’d need to find a gluten free and vegan cake mix and use an egg substitute.
Can these be frozen? And for how long?
Yes, they’ll stay good in the freezer for 3 months!
I have always loved sprinkles and can not get enough of them, these funfetti cookies look absolutely yummy and so eye catching too
I love how colorful these cookies are! I am just wondering how long they would last though. Once my little nephews and nieces get their hands on them, all I will have left are crumbs! Thanks for the recipe! This would be great for birthday parties too.
These cookies are so festive and fun. They are great for any holiday! I want to make these for Easter, I didn’t realize how easy cookies are.
These looks so festive. My children love sprinkles and they would love these!
My daughter is 30 and I remember when funfetti came out. We had to have everything funfetti! These cookies would have definitely made her list!
These Funfetti Cookies are ADORABLE!! I would love to make these for when my nieces and nephews visit!!
The Funfetti cookies look so colurful and visually appealing. The kids, of course, are sure to love it, but the adults too will be bowled over.
These are adorable! My kids would have a lot of fun making these, and eating them too! I have such a sweet tooth so I am all about making cookies.
Oh now these are some awesome looking cookies! I absolutely love the idea of using funfetti on them, perfect for bringing out at a celebration!
These look amazing. I so want to make some for the kids. I think everthing is just a bit more fun with funfetti.
Too cute and what a fun recipe to make with the kiddos.I love that it uses cake mix so there’s less mixing and measuring even though you could let kids scoop the mix out of the box. Looks yummy!
Those cookies look so good!!! I would love to eat those right now. I am so hungrys
Oh my goodness, these cookies look and sound delicious! I am a big fan of sprinkle cookies. They are probably my fave of all time. I would love to have two or three or ten.
Those look so colorful and delicious! That would be a fun Valentines cookie for my kiddos. They are easy to make and they’re pretty.
This is one cookie that is always a big hit for the kids. Who doesn’t love sprinkles. Make a double batch.
Those cookies are so colorful and fun! I am sure they would be the hit of any party you served them at.
I love making cookies with cake mixes. The flavor possibilities are endless and I’m looking forward to trying your funfetti cookies. The kids will love these.