This rocky road fudge recipe can be made in just minutes and is loaded with chocolate, walnuts and marshmallows. Once you see how easy it is to make microwave fudge, you’ll never use any other method again!
When I think about holiday treats, I immediately think of fudge. In fact, November and December are probably the only months of the year where I eat fudge, which is a shame because it’s so delicious. This rocky road fudge is made in the microwave and is the perfect quick and easy no bake treat for any occasion. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Table of Contents
Rocky Road Fudge Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need semisweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, mini marshmallows and walnuts.
How Do You Make Rocky Road Fudge?
Line a square pan with foil, then coat the foil with cooking spray. Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Microwave in 45 second increments until the chocolate starts to melt. Add the vanilla, then stir everything together until the chocolate mixture is smooth and creamy. Next, place the marshmallows and nuts in the bowl and stir again. Press the fudge into the pan. Refrigerate the fudge until firm. Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan, then cut into squares and serve.
Tips For The Perfect Dessert
- I recommend using a high quality brand of chocolate such as Guittard or Ghirardelli for best results. Look for chocolate that contains real cocoa butter and not palm oil.
- Fudge will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before you serve it.
- Be careful not to overcook your fudge so that it does not get grainy. Once the chocolate is partially melted, you can stir everything together to make it smooth and creamy.
- This is a rich dessert, so cut it into small squares.
Coat your knife in a little cooking spray before you cut the fudge to get neatly sliced squares.
Rocky road is a flavor that contains marshmallows, nuts and chocolate. It is a type of candy, as well as a popular ice cream flavor.
Rocky road fudge contains ingredients such as nuts, chocolate, milk and marshmallows.
While this recipe is delicious as-is, you can customize some of the ingredients to suit your tastes.
- Chocolate: While I feel that semisweet chocolate works best for fudge, you can also use milk chocolate chips if that’s what you have on hand.
- Nuts: No walnuts on hand? Almonds, peanuts and pecans will also work well.
- Add-Ins: You can add up to 1/4 cup of extra ingredients to your fudge such as shredded coconut, toffee bits or dried fruit.
- Toppings: Finish your fudge with a drizzle of white chocolate, or add some holiday sprinkles while the fudge is still warm.
So many chocolate fudge recipes call for boiling and candy thermometers and all that kind of stuff. I find with those recipes there’s a fine line between smooth and creamy chocolate fudge and hard, grainy fudge. With this microwave fudge, it comes out perfectly every time and takes just minutes to make. I serve it at all my holiday gatherings and people always beg for the recipe!
What’s your favorite easy treat for the holidays? Leave me a comment below!
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- cooking spray
- Line an 8"x8" or 9"x9" pan with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 second increments until the chocolate has just melted. Add vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add the marshmallows and nuts, gently stir to combine.
- Press the fudge into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan and cut into bite sized pieces, then serve.
- Use a high quality chocolate such as Guittard or Ghirardelli for the best results.
- Fudge will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.