This microwave rocky road fudge can be made in just minutes and is loaded with chocolate, walnuts and marshmallows. Once you see how easy it is to make microwave fudge, you’ll never use any other method again!
When I think about holiday treats, I immediately think of fudge. In fact, November and December are probably the only months of the year where I eat fudge, which is a shame because it’s so delicious. This rocky road fudge is made in the microwave and is the perfect quick and easy no bake treat for any occasion. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
How to make rocky road fudge in the microwave
The base of this fudge is simply chocolate chips and condensed milk. The chocolate chips and milk are warmed in the microwave, and then stirred together with a little vanilla until a smooth and creamy mixture forms. The chocolate fudge is loaded with walnuts and mini marshmallows, then spread into a pan.
I use a square pan for a thicker fudge. If you prefer thinner pieces of fudge you can use a larger pan like 7″x11″ or 9″x13″. After the fudge is in the pan, all you have to do is cool, cut and enjoy! This chocolate marshmallow fudge makes a great gift and can be made up to 3 days before you plan to serve it. Simply store the fudge covered in the fridge until you’re ready for your treat.
I use walnuts in this recipe because I consider them a classic ingredient for rocky road fudge. If you’re not a walnut fan, you could use chopped peanuts, almonds or even pecans with amazingly delicious results. To get nice neat squares of fudge, I wipe down my knife between each cut with a paper towel.
So many fudge recipes call for boiling and candy thermometers and all that kind of stuff, and I find with those recipes there’s a fine line between smooth and creamy fudge and hard, grainy fudge. With this microwave fudge, it comes out perfectly every time and takes just minutes to make. I serve it at all my holiday gatherings and people always beg for the recipe!
What’s your favorite easy treat for the holidays? Leave me a comment below!
More holiday candy recipes
Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- cooking spray
- Line an 8"x8" or 9"x9" pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 second increments until melted. Add vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add the marshmallows and nuts, gently stir to combine.
- Press the fudge into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan and cut into bite sized pieces, then serve.